What's new
What's new

hyundai hit 8s

gman2

Plastic
Was wondering if anyone else has had problems with manually setting z 0 using wcs cal z.For some reason it will not let me set zero after after facing the part.we bought the machine used and have yet to get the zero to set in z,x axis seems to be fine.Any help with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
gman2

I've been working with one of these machines for the past few years. The method that we use seems to work well. First we have a Trigon OD tool that we use for roughing in every program so it never comes out of the turret anyway, and we keep the Z location of this tool set to 0. Than, to set the G54 location, we face cut the workpiece with this tool and use the option in the tool setting screen to set the G54 off of that location. Sorry I can remember the exact name of each option off the top of my head, I'm no where near the machine right now. After setting the G54 with our roughing tool we set the individual Z offset of the other tools of the face cut made, never changing the Z offset of the roughing tool.

Back