What's new
What's new

Hyundai HiT18S problems... Spindle stall during programs and random errors!

Slippery Panda

Aluminum
I have a Hyundai HIT18S with Sinumerik controls that have been a pain in the butt. The spindle would stall during programs and I would get the following errors;

43 ORD1 PLC-CPU Not ready for operation

110102 No read/Write access for MPF13

I had a guy come in said it should be an easy fix. All he did was spray compressed air at some stuff in the back. He said some safety switches are going off for now reason. He said it is most likely a relay. Then he did a full system reboot and got rid of all my data. That really sucked. I think he gave up and he is ignoring my foreman's phone calls.

Any guys good with Siemens controls out there? I really need this machine running. We have two CNC lathes and neither of them work as of now and that is no good.

Not sure about the 110102 error but might be a harddisk going out.

And when I had Siemens out to look at a problem and asked him about that
random 43 error he said it was usually the panel

What I would do though is find a compute geek (someone who knows dos very well
and understands the boot sector issues that can come up when connecting hd to other os's)

take the hd out of the control have them pull off all your info and make a backup.
then make a new hd from a solid state drive and transfer th data back.

then reload your plc and see where you land after that.

For 110102 is your program key switch on "edit/comm"?
For 43 PLC CPU not ready:
a PLC general reset may help
1. press "menu select" key
2. press "Diagnosis" key
3. press "password" key
4. enter "1111" this should be the password unless it was changed
5. press yellow "input" key
6. press "set" key
7. press "start up" key
8. press "general reset mode" key
9. press "PLC gen reset" key
10. press "end gen reset" key
11. Turn machine off wait 20 seconds and turn back on.

Machine should be ready for operation
Your results may vary

This is based on HIT-15s machine with 840C control

Good luck-
Ken

It was on edit/comm and now it's on edit. Can you explain the difference between the two?

I did the PLC general reset and the 43 PLC CPU has not come up yet. I am now trying to home the machine but now I am getting another error. 9161 Machine not ready. I am on the reference and the machine is moving around trying to find home but it won't find it.

A "millwright" came in here and did a full system reboot and never came back. Could this be the issue? Does the machine need offsets to home itself?

I was never trained on this machine, I have only seen it run a hand full of times and the spindle would stall. It sat in the corner for a while and now my boss wants it running again. The guy who used to run this machine does not work here anymore and the "millwright" who did a full system reboot will probably never come back to tell me what he did. Any help out there would be great. Thanks in advance.

"Edit" allows you to edit programs
"Edit/Comm" allows you to edit programs and communicate through RS-232 connection.

Do you have an alarm list for this machine?

My book says to check breaker QFB2 , QFB3 and thermal relay QFB6
Check the "machine ready signal" and connections. (whatever that means)
Check the magnetic contact and thermal relay of hydraulic pump motor. ( it you are able to move the turret around then the hyd pump must be working).

There is a set of instructions for re-initialization of the system if you want to try that.
I'll see if I can find it again.

Ken

Here it is

Siemens 840C System Initialization After Battery Failure

1) Power up system displays Siemens logo on screen
2) Menu select (Hamburger Key)
3) Diagnosis
4) Start-up
5) Enter password 1111 input
6) General Reset Mode
7) Format NCK AWS
8) Press Arrow Up (Left side of Monitor)
9) Machine Data
10) File Functions
11) Select the bottom window (45 degree arrow key swithces upper and lower windows)
and select the machine parameter file per machine type. Ex: (Hit8S)
12) Load from disc
13) Load Start
14) After file transfer complete arrow up two times
15) Gereal reset mode
16) Format NCK AWS
17) PLC General Reset
18) End General Reset
19) Wait until control comes out of general reset mode (if machine does not come out of
reset mode ANW_PROG file may be corrupt, go to Corrupt Anw_Prog recovery below)
20) Power Off
21) Power On
22) Home Machine
23) Select Automatic mode
24) Program Select
25) L965
26) Program Select
27) Cycle Start
28) Check turret index to proper location by checking two tools, set axis limitation on
spindle to machine spec max or customer set max for spec jobs.
Menu select
Setting data
Axis limitation
Crossover to highlight lower box
Set G26=4000
Set G92=4000
29) Now machine is ready for normal operation

Corrupt ANW_Prog Removal:
1) Check Anw_Prog by going to : Data I/O, Data Management, PLC (Input), Program
(Input) and view file length (characters) if none, proceed.
2) Highlight the ANW_Prog file and press Delete soft key under monitor.
3) select the similar file in the same window. Ex:(ANW_Prog)
4) Copy to Clipboard
5) Paste from Clipboard
6) Type in the file name Awg_prog as it was written previously
7) Input
8) Set....Power off and complete system initialize procedure above if needed.

Breaker QB3 was off. I flicked it back on and started the machine. Everything seems to be good. All breakers stayed on and nothing sparked or went on fire.

When you home your machine does it say Machine ready after the machine has found it's home or do you have to press RESET?

I am still having issues with the spindle not turning. Maybe I am doing it wrong? Could you give me dummy steps to turn this spindle? It says M03 on the MDA mode but nothing happens.

Oh and I do not have the alarm list for this machine. I also have little to no training/experience on this machine. Thank you for all your help.

So, no experience with sinumerik controls... And no idea your level of experience, so forgive me if this is a dumb statement, I'm not trying to offend. But you say your manual calls for M3... M3 means spindle on clockwise. But you need to give a speed. So m3 s1000 turns it on at 1000rpm. Some controls (I've read) will just turn the spindle on to the last commanded RPM when you give an m3, but every control I've used wants a speed command as well. Have you tried that?

go to mda and type
g95 s500 m4;
input, then cycle start

if the spindle doesn't kick on, go read to x421 on the main spindle drive with a dmm.
there is 4 spaces on the wiring plug. measure the 3rd down. you should see something like
2 or 3 volts. If you do see that then the control is working and commanding the drive.
just double check, hit cancel then change the m4 to m3 and input and cycle start. If the
voltage goes to a negative then it would seem the control is fine.

power the machine off and wait 10-15 minutes to be safe, the capacitors need time to go down
so you don't get shocked. on the bottom of the drive there is the wiring harness to the motor.
Disconnect it and get a resistance reading by probing leg to leg on all of them and then leg to ground.
If they all read the same or really close then your motor appears to be good.
If I remember right it was the diode function to test the drive where the motor harness plugged into.
again the should all be the same or very close.

Most of the time it is the power section that fails. And if it is the drive I would have Seimens do the repair.

So, no experience with sinumerik controls... And no idea your level of experience, so forgive me if this is a dumb statement, I'm not trying to offend. But you say your manual calls for M3... M3 means spindle on clockwise. But you need to give a speed. So m3 s1000 turns it on at 1000rpm. Some controls (I've read) will just turn the spindle on to the last commanded RPM when you give an m3, but every control I've used wants a speed command as well. Have you tried that?

Yes I have tried putting in RPM.

go to mda and type
g95 s500 m4;
input, then cycle start

if the spindle doesn't kick on, go read to x421 on the main spindle drive with a dmm.

I couldn't find x421, could you be more specific? Sorry if I am not picking up what you are throwing down fast.

Dear All,

Did you manage to solve problem of not spindle operating?
Several days ago I faced similar problem. When I want to program by Overstore spindle rotation inputting M1=3 and S1=400 I can see proper setpoint and I see actual value same like setpoint - but in real spindle is not moving!
Spindle is also used as C axis which I can normally operate from JOG - motor is rotating normally.
When I want to use spindle operation in NC program I put S1=400 and M1=3. When the NC program reach block lie with M1=3 PLC goes stop with error 43 PLC-CPU not ready for operation.
Also I got errors:

Back