What's new
What's new

I and J in absolute not incremental.....help

valleycycles

Aluminum
I have an older Saelo mill with an MCT controller. I am trying to get it to execute programs from mastercam. Heres what I see. As soon as it encounters an arc I get an arc error.An example of simple straight line then 1/2 inch arc going downward:
G01 X1.
G02 x1.5 y-.5 I0. J-.5

I get arc endpoint error. The I and J are incremental location from end of the line.
But if I make the I and J absolute from 0, 0, just changing the I value to 1.0 makes it work. In other words the I and J are absolute values from 0,0
Is there a mastercam setting or a post processor setting??? Or as different post processor. Ive pretty much tried them all.
Thank O gurus

Don

Not sure what version of Mastercam you're running, but you should be able to go into your machine definition - from there go into your edit control definition menu, then click on arc in the menu on the left. From there you can select what kind of arc center type output suits your fancy.

Yes there is. I haven't used masterscam in a while, but if I remember, go into the control def. Under arc settings there are some drop down menus to select delta from start, delta from end , absolute, etc.

Just a guess. Did you mean an MTC control? Because, from memory the old Indramat MTC control required that the I & J values should be relative to the current work zero position.
Cheers
Mike

Back