What's new
What's new

Indentify this modular vise?

1:34, 1:40, 1:41, 1:48 in the afternoon...don't you guys have work to do!!! LOL

I like the Steven's guys, they are around the corner from us, so I pop in every so often. I saw some nice hydraulic tombstones going together a while back, so they do a lot more than what the web page shows. They also have two Dixi horizontals...doesn't et much better than that!

Steve

Have you ever handled one of these vises Steve? I've only heard good things about Stevens. I am curious how good their jaw lift resistance is though.

Should I be sitting down when I call in for a price tomorrow?

1:34, 1:40, 1:41, 1:48 in the afternoon...don't you guys have work to do!!! LOL

To be fair, I start work at 3:00 PM, second shift. I don't even leave for work until 2:30-2:40. Ten minute walk and all that.

Does look like a neat vise. Quite rigid I assume.

The video drove me a little nuts though... all that wasted tool clearing in Z!

Have you ever handled one of these vises Steve? I've only heard good things about Stevens. I am curious how good their jaw lift resistance is though.

A buddy of mine has one or some...I'll ask him to bring it by or for more info.

Steve

"Well if you have to ask then you cant afford it". :) Sorry old joke. I have an angle plate, which for a small fee they modified for me. It has been cut down in size and it still weights just as much if not more than a full size vise. I have found it to be very accurate and easy to work with, just heavy. I have no experience with the vise, but they few times I have called or talked to them it has been a positive experience.

Charles

Called Stevens, they are really nice guys there, pretty smart too :)

The vise is pretty reasonable, around a grand. Can't complain about that if it's as nice as it looks.

I'd sure like to hear what you have to say if you can get your hands on one Steve.

Back