What's new
What's new

Safe method to setup tools and parts in Fanuc 0-m mill

lblade

Plastic
Hello everybody!
Recently I bought a nice Japanese Takisawa 3d mill built in 1991.
The machine is equiped with a Fanuc 0-M steering.
After rebuilt now everything works fine and the accuracy seems to be within 0.01 mm......

Here is my question: can you please point me to a good method to setup my tool lengths and radi?
The next step would be to place a piece of wood (!) on my table, origin it (how?) and start learning the G and M codes!
Have a 3d measuring device and 50.00 mm height micrometer.
But I'm so worried to crash this beautiful machine.......

Many thanks in advance!
Leo

Attachments

• Takisawa%20Mac%20V1E.jpg
    Takisawa%20Mac%20V1E.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 686
Hello everybody!
Recently I bought a nice Japanese Takisawa 3d mill built in 1991.
The machine is equiped with a Fanuc 0-M steering.
After rebuilt now everything works fine and the accuracy seems to be within 0.01 mm......

Here is my question: can you please point me to a good method to setup my tool lengths and radi?
The next step would be to place a piece of wood (!) on my table, origin it (how?) and start learning the G and M codes!
Have a 3d measuring device and 50.00 mm height micrometer.
But I'm so worried to crash this beautiful machine.......

Many thanks in advance!
Leo

Touch the tools off with a 1,2,3 block. Add that value in your tool offset. Adjust for block height. For radi, simply add it into your D Geometry.
I think setting tools is the easiest part of a set up. Unless you are asking something different and I'm missing it, this should be a walk in the park for you.

Here is a Fanuc drill example from my website for drilling. doccnc.com
Adjust for metric.
To set up, put piece in vise, home machine, put distance from home to X lower left corner into G54, also Distance to Y.
In Z, go down to workpart from Z home and put into offset used,
All this is shown in Mill Offset DVD. Complete programmin is in Mill package, look over content.
Good luck: Heinz.
O2001(Program Number)
N1G90G80G40
(G90 sets up Absolute, G80 and G40 clear out info)
N2T1M6
(Tool change to T1, M6 activates changer, or on kneemill, waits for manual tool change.)
N3G54G0X1.0Y1.0S800M3
(G54 is co-ordinate system, G0 is rapid to X1.0 and Y1.0, S800= about 100SFM for Mild Steel cut with .5" diam. HS drill)
N4G43H1Z1.0M8
(G43 is tool length comp, H1 identifies location in offset page where tool length is registered, Z1.0 is location to which we rapid, turn coolant on)
N4G81G99X1.0Y1.0R.1Z-.5F8.0
(Use Canned Cycle G81, rapid to R-value, drill to Z-.5 at F8.0, return to R in rapid)
N5X3.0Y3.0
(Repeat cycle at new location)
N6G80M9
(Cancel Cycle, coolant off)
N7G91G28Z0
(Simplified return to Z-zero in G91, incremental)
N8G28X0Y0
(Home in X-Y)
N9M30
(End, rewinds memory)

Thanks Hertz and Heinz!
I will consider buying one of your CDs Heinz but looking on YouTube can be helpfull too....

The distance from my spil nose to my table is minimally 200 mm so testing without any tool is safe!
To be continued, Leo

WP_20141206_003.jpgWP_20141206_004.jpgWP_20141206_005.jpgWP_20141206_006.jpgHi Douglas!
Can you please help me how to define radius correction in my Mac?
Can't find the page in menu "ofset" with numbers 50 etc..
My screens switch from offset 032 to variable 100 and 500.......

Many thanks in advance!!!
Leo

32 offsets are pretty common on the small machines that only hold 10 or so tools. Your control was configured to only have 32. 99 offsets are available by a configuration parameter change. The variable tables you see are for use with macro programs and are not usable as offsets (easily).

That sounds exiting Vancbiker, a parameter change........
Can you help me with that?
And is it so that I can use these 32 offsets with H(eight) and D(iameter) calls?
Thanks!

ps my first work piece, don't laugh.....

WP_20141205_003.jpg

Hi Guys,
Today I made the same wooden work piece as above but now with radius correction! In this way you can correct your grinded mills.

And got a good tip to first backup everything I can.
Made a RS 232 cable, 25 pins to 9 pins. Connected it to my laptop with a USB to RS232 device. Installated Onecnc link software.
After setting COM port 3 it was awaiting data. I tried to sent it from the Fanuc 0-m but got an error 86, see picture.
Any ideas???? Thanks as usual........

WP_20141208_001.jpg

Will double check the cable tomorrow!

Back