What's new
What's new

Interesting New Tool Line from Tungaloy

Ox

Diamond
Saw this the other day, and while I can't see much of it, it sure looks like a :dopeslap: idea!
Appears to offer exactly the tool hangout that you want, while not having to stock oodles of options.
Looks like a simple WEDM job from here, but ???

From the comfort of my keyboard - it sure looks like a winner to me....

MAZ- Reader

But then = elsewhere in the same mag came this ad, and I hafta wonder if the sales guys are stoopiderer than a bunch of redneck machinists.

Now - at least they didn't flip flop the pic and show a LH version of such, but just as bad - I am reasonably sure that they did NOT cut the sample feature with the tool shown...
:rolleyes5:

MAZ- Reader

-----------------------------

I am Ox and I approve this h'yah post!

Ad #1 - A pretty good idea I must say.

Ad #2 - Why don't you think they cut that feature with the tool shown? If you look close enough at the floor, you can see that it was cut with a fairly small stepover/width of cut. So I don't see why they couldn't have made that cut with the pictured tool...?

Ad 2 could be an optical illusion based on the angle of the pic. That radius may not be as small as it looks.

FWIW, I have a 2" Seco Square 6 which is the tool that Korea is copying in that add. What a beast that thing is. :cloud9:

Oh for Pettey's sakes fella's!
Make an appointment and gitcher eyes checked - POST HASTE! :rolleyes5:

73 - Look at the inside rads. Prolly only 20% the size of that tool.

You couldn't even get that INSERT around that little rad with a smaller body even!

Here, maybe this will link to a closer view?

MAZ- Reader

Well, I guess not.
You just need to click the little "+" on the page to get a D scale print. ;)

----------------------

Not really - but for the month of June, my weekends are actually busier. I set a chucker job up for the week days, and my guy runs that, and then Friday night through Monday morning is "bust ass" time on that machine. So - while I doo have other things going, I don't have "everything" going on...

----------------------

Oh for Pettey's sakes fella's!
Make an appointment and gitcher eyes checked - POST HASTE! :rolleyes5:

73 - Look at the inside rads. Prolly only 20% the size of that tool.

You couldn't even get that INSERT around that little rad with a smaller body even!

Here, maybe this will link to a closer view?

MAZ- Reader

Well, I guess not.
You just need to click the little "+" on the page to get a D scale print. ;)

----------------------

I was wondering what kind of magic they used to cut that inside rad with that bid old dude!

Too bad the basket cutter is getting all the attention....

I guess not many use face groovers eh? :o

-----------------------

Sweatin' to the Oldies!
Ox

Big circle shown here is nice.
I don't think you would wire this shank as it would be too way slow for any kinds of volumes.
Sort of like TCT blades you would maybe rough and through feed on the grinder with wheel dressed to the right size.
OD would be turned or ground with many blades held in the workhead.
We do this with square shanks and for sure 50mm is an impressive depth on smaller circles/radius sizes.
There must be a family as the holder has to fit the groove circle clearance.
I'm not bothering to look it up Reps... 1/2 inch circle in the face .250 radius, two inches in....that has to be an interesting tool/holder layout.

Certainly a very cute and very neat trepan tool. A TCT or a Iscar blade with a holder rad to fit.
Deep face grooves up to 2 inches. Catalog standard.
Bob

I remember a Hwacheon add in MMS magazine a few months back. They had a 2-axis lathe, and the square shank turning tool, was mounted in the wrong position in its pocket, making it 1" above centerline... (Left-hand turning tool. It was mounted "on top" with the wedge-clamps underneath...)

Now, I'll throw them a bone, and venture that with the angle the picture was taken at, they may have done that intentionally, so that you could see the tool, and everything else, for the picture. But, one of their A.E's - someone who knew how to setup a tool in the machine - had to put that tool in there. And those of us who know, noticed too...

Back