What's new
What's new

Internal threading burrs isses

fisa

Plastic
HELLO I AM facing a little problem infact big problem regarding threading...it is bsp 1-1/2" which i make on cnc turning center..i make 30 degree chamfer both ends of flange check attach jpeg... but both ends of thread is not clean as i need there is a burr...and every time i have to clear the burr by hand scraper....is there any solution regarding it...because in production it become a big task to clean it..please help

regards
as

Attachments

• IMG_20170620_025935_021.jpg
    IMG_20170620_025935_021.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 334
Can you use a 45 degree chamfer instead of 30 degree? That should make a huge difference.

yes, it will be a huge difference :) not better, probably worse

1st tooth will be more thinner, and it may deform

45 is common for most aplication, while 30 may be used in soft materials ...

yes, it will be a huge difference :) not better, probably worse

1st tooth will be more thinner, and it may deform

45 is common for most aplication, while 30 may be used in soft materials ...

Depends on where it is measured from. My 30 degree might be your 60 degree.

I use I.D. Groove tools to make chamfers on the back ends of parts I'm cutting off complete. I just go back in with the groove tool to remove the burr and take a full depth pass with my threading tool if necessary. I sometimes need to repeat the process if they need to be super clean. It may add a Min to my cycle time if that but it's worth getting it off the machine complete.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

Depends on where it is measured from. My 30 degree might be your 60 degree.

chamfering angle base when turning is based on how you rotate the knife on a classical lathe

this is the fundamental of dimensioning this type of machining

in other words :
... a 30 degree chamfering means that longer cathetus is among Z axis, while shorter is among X axis
... a 60 degree chamfering means that longer cathetus is among X axis, while shorter is among Z axis

3*30degrees means that cathetus among Z axis is 3 mm long

[distance]*[angle] :
... distance is among main feed axis : Z
... angle is relative to tool rotation when chamfering ( think of a classic lathe )

if you extrapolate:
... normal turning means a chamfer at 0 degrees
... face turning means 90 degrees :)

obviously, there are other interpretations, but this one i found pretty close to fundamentals

well, just saying :)

I use I.D. Groove tools to make chamfers on the back ends of parts I'm cutting off complete. I just go back in with the groove tool to remove the burr and take a full depth pass with my threading tool if necessary. I sometimes need to repeat the process if they need to be super clean. It may add a Min to my cycle time if that but it's worth getting it off the machine complete.

Make Chips Boys !

Ron

A minute to your cycle time? What's the whole cycle time for your part? I make small parts out of aluminum so I can usually do everything at 4000 rpm (my machines max RPM). Cycle time for a part with threads is usually around 1 minute total, and I basically do the same thing (the whole re-machining the threads and recutting chamfers after the threads). You must be making parts that are much larger and/or going at a much slower RPM. Not criticizing, just curious. :cheers:

Matt

hy :) when i read It may add a Min to my cycle time i wondered what is Min, but now i see :)

that is a good observation Matt :)

Back