What's new
What's new

iTNC530 using preset tools

Nikoli

Plastic
Going off of my heading, I have a tool presetter and want to use the new presets and input them to my iTNC530 controller. On a Fanuc I can push this with a G10 code and the appropriate parameters in a short program. I'd like to make a similar macro for the Heidenhain but I cannot find any data on this, specifically for single tools. I know you can load an entire tool setup to overwrite existing tool data, but adding a single tool seems to be a mystery. Does anyone have any experience or guidance on how to do this if it is possible?

you could suck the tool table across to a PC with tncremote, edit the entries you want to edit (1 to whatever) and then send it back. (I gotta go read the manual about tool table replacement, but I'm sure you can do it.)

Do a search for the function FN:17 syswrite, this is the equivalent of G10 on the fanuc controls. Usually only available by pressing the Q button then selecting diverse functions (soft key), the FN:17 button is available on the second page of soft keys after inputting the service code 555 343. You will need to track down the manual for it in order to figure out how to write to the correct tables etc... PM me if you can't find it.

Aaron

you could suck the tool table across to a PC with tncremote, edit the entries you want to edit (1 to whatever) and then send it back. (I gotta go read the manual about tool table replacement, but I'm sure you can do it.)
I'm trying to stay within the software provided for simplicity, but it gives me another avenue to look at if nothing else.. Thanks

Do a search for the function FN:17 syswrite, this is the equivalent of G10 on the fanuc controls. Usually only available by pressing the Q button then selecting diverse functions (soft key), the FN:17 button is available on the second page of soft keys after inputting the service code 555 343. You will need to track down the manual for it in order to figure out how to write to the correct tables etc... PM me if you can't find it.

Aaron
Awesome info. Thanks minikeg.. I'm gonna jump into this and see what I can do!

As was said by minikeg, If you want to change tool Table data within a PGM use FN17: to write to the table.

But if you want to do it offline there is an easier way than editing the entire tool table and sending it back and forth to control, which is what bryan_machine described.

Within the TNCremo software there is a program called TNCcmd.exe (extras->TNCcmd) that allows you to issue commands through a batch file or script.

The command you want to use is "PUT" with the switch "/M" this will allow you to upload a partial tool table and the switch merges it into the original.

The complete line would look like this

PUT TOOL-EDIT.T TNC:\TOOL.T /M

Inside your edited tool table you can just put the data you want to change. So if you only want to change length and radius the TOOL-EDIT.T file would look like this

BEGIN TOOL-EDIT.T MM
T L R
10 150 6.5
[END]

the tool table (.T) has to be formatted correctly with he proper column spacing. Post here destroys the formatting

Hansdie have you found a complete explanation of either FN17: or PUT in their docs? (I keep looking and looking and never finding the level of detail they provide for everything else.)

Technical Manual

Hansdie have you found a complete explanation of either FN17: or PUT in their docs? (I keep looking and looking and never finding the level of detail they provide for everything else.)

FN17.JPG

The Technical Manual has some information on FN17, but most of what you want is under FN 18.

You should see a chart of system data you can read with FN 18 and an ID no, Number, and Index. The same values (ID no, Number, and Index) can be used with FN17 to write data.

Thanks,
Jeff

As jeffers88 said FN17 is explained in the technical manual but FN17 uses the same values as FN18 which is in the user manual.

As for PUT you can open TNCcmd and type "HELP PUT" and it should give you all the information you need.

If you need something specific let me know

Back