What's new
What's new

Kia nr20 ii - c axis ? Please help

JBCENG

Plastic
Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me learning to run my new (to me) cnc Lathe.

It is a 1993 Kia NR20II it looks almost identical to a Hitachi Seiki Ht20SII. I bought the Ht20Sii C axis manual online which gave me the evidence to prove that I don't have a proper C axis (damn), but did give me some M codes to start investigation - as per below.

Unlike my other machines (Both Fanuc) it has a Yasnac control (LX3). I bought it thinking it had a 720 increment "C axis". Which I think I have now determined is actually an indexing spindle. I have had a poke around the spindle and I can see a disc brake but no additional C axis servo motor - Also there is no C axis displayed on the position screen.

I can index the spindle after calling M400 and then M505-M855 But I can't "lock the spindle". Ie it will rotate to position and then I can move the chuck by hand. So thats another question - How do I employ the Brake?

The other hurdle is that while I can turn the live tooling on and off (M14/M15) I can't adjust the speed no matter what S... I put in it seems to run at approx 100 RPM?

All of the above I am doing in MDI Mode

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers George

P.s. I have a collection of manuals however none of them describe what I am trying to achieve.

I have had some luck solving the first part of the puzzle.

It is most certainly not a full C axis, however It does have a 720 increment spindle indexing ability.

The Brake was not functioning (I am ashamed to admit - Should have checked this before asking) because the solenoid that controls it had a poor connection which someone had tried to repair / needed further repair.

So I can index and lock the spindle!

I still cannot set the RPM of the live tooling so If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

SOLVED!!
With help, we have managed to work out all the commands we previously couldn't.

The spindle Index and position command is M200 through M920, every every additional 5 in the M code is another 2.5 degrees. M40 to exit milling mode.

Live tooling Rpm is indeed controlled by G97SxxxM13/M14 however it has to be commanded in the line directly before the M200-960.

Thanks for everyones help and I hope this helps someone.

Cheers George

Back