What's new
What's new

KipWare software

tlmkr38

Aluminum
I saw a website for this for writing CNC programs and was wondering if anyone on here uses /used it and if so if it is any good or not. I run a mill with Anilam controls and they are good but real slow to program as it is not windows based but pretty much DOS based.

We are using it right now as a windows based conversational front end to generate G-Code for testing our CNC software.

It has several features that make it easy to adapt / configure the post. The output is based on feeding a Fanuc CNC - and it is a lot less expensive than anything else we have seen.

Thats why I was looking at it as from the demos I saw it looked alot easier to use than what came with the machine. faster to write programs also. I guess the next step will be to see if it will generate or convert to Anilam language.

Anything has to be faster than having to use the keyboard and function keys instead of the mouse and clicking on what you want.

Kipware

The basic KipwareM ( info at www.kentechinc.com ) program outputs "fanuc compatible" and Okuma code out of the box ... there is an add-on option called KipwareXC that can convert the standard "fanuc compatible" output to output compatible for different machines ... it's our version of a post-processor except a more flexible with more user changeable features.

Back