What's new
What's new

Kira VTC-30E

Bigtoy302

Cast Iron
I'm looking at a couple of 1998-1999 Kira VTC-30E drill tap centers with 12k spindle, 20atc side mount and Fanuc 21m control. Does anybody know anything about these machines? I will be mostly milling small aluminum parts 1x3" and some 440c/303 (not much milling.) I have searched and not found much. Do they do a good job milling small stuff( holding size +-.001)?

I don't want to spend over 25k. These are 12-16k. Should I be looking at brothers or a robodrill? Both of those seem way more expensive.

Kira machines are pretty decent. Not in the same league as a Brother or Robodrill though. I've worked on a few older ones that used a front mount circular magazine as is common on drill tap type machines. They were reliable but a good bit slower than the Brother machines of the same era.

The ability of a 15 year old machine tool to hold your +/- .001" tolerance is very much dependent on how it was used and maintained, less so on what the original quality was.

The ability of a 15 year old machine tool to hold your +/- .001" tolerance is very much dependent on how it was used and maintained, less so on what the original quality was.

True.

I'm still looking at brothers. I found a couple TC-22a for a decent price. 1999 with 6k hours run for $21.5K and a 1998 with 9.5K run for 18K.

Back