What's new
What's new

Parameters and manuals for 2004 HURCO VM1

mitty38382

Hot Rolled
Looking for parameter info for the 2004 HURCO VM1 and if anyone has manuals avail. or do you think that they have changed much since 2004.

Machines ships on the 7th and we will get a look at it on the 12th /13th or so. I want to make sure it cuts metal before it gets close to the garage. Still not sold on it or committed, but the price could be very attractive and the point of no payments comes sooner.

Talked to a friend of mine who booked 1.65 mil in sales for his shop with 11 employees and net 200K or so. Says he has a machine payment of 3500 / mo on a new machine he just picked up. Hell if I had that I would loose a lot of weight, cause nothing would stay down or else run right out.

Maybe if I was booking 500K a year it might be different or if I had a bunch of employees etc. Those of you who do - God Bless ya

Hell I'm just happy making stuff in the USA and selling it world wide.

Frank in Tennessee

I don't think they have changed much, Here is a link to a Hurco site. http://hurconotes.com/
Some info to get familiar with it.
Use the e-mail on the Hurco company page for specific questions. They are real good about getting you info within 24 hours.
Parameters should be in a package in the cabinet on disks. These disks should be changed with any service call changes ever made. You can put them on another hard drive for safe keeping also. Software revisions change. Contact Indy for latest revisions. Check editor page to see what editor mode it is in. like INSC or conversational or basic g-code. Change mode to suit and run machine hard. They will run hard. Use good tooling and have fun.
(I think your using one cnc right??)
Good luck. Man cave has electricity? cool. :D

If you get it and need help on the weekends send me a PM and i'll return my email and phone #. I'm usually there both days one way or another.

Frank,

Now see, here's another reason why it's hard for me to get my mind set on building up my shop past the 1 man operation it is now: You say your friend works 11 people, and grosses $1.65 mil, which is pretty good for a machine shop. But, the friend only puts about $200k on his W-2.

In a good year, my little cnc shop can gross $150k. Big deal you say. But, since everything is liquid (i.e. paid for), all I have to pay out of the $150 is utilities, general overhead, and materials. Bottom line, out of the $150k gross, I can put close to $100k on my W-2.

So, I have to find enough business to keep 11 people busy, and go through the nightmare of employing 11 people, just to make $200k instead of $100k.

I think I'll stay small for now...

Greg

Back