What's new
What's new

L9801 and L9401 Help

gabrielsdad216

Plastic
So I began machining last January. I've made really great strides and am now trying to expand my skill set and learn some new tricks.

I was wondering if there were ways to manipulate subroutines..

For example, lets say I'm machining a "doughnut" shaped flat circle(with a hole in the center.) I want to cleanup the ID and OD. Lets say I take off .03 and my ideal ID=10. OD=15.0 I could clean up the ID with L9401 R0+7. R1+10. I have only used this subroutine to make pockets, not to "jump" over the part and OD.. Is this possible without G2/G3?

Now my question concerning a L9801.. I have used this many different ways but generally to open up a pocket or to "face" a fixture. Usually when I open up a pocket I would generally use like a 41/64 drill, then a 1/2 end mill to interpolate to lets say 1.4" Now if I were to step my drills up to a 1" hole, my 1/2 endmill would cut air for a while..
I would write it like L9801 R0+7.0R1+0.23R2+1.4D2 I understand I could use a few L9401s but is it possible to skip those first 8 or so passes??

I can write with G3 and cutter comp but its easier for my operators to keep the programs as simple as possible.. But I really can't justify slowing down a process just reduce human errors.. Just like the 9401 question above(if I wanted to take my ID up to 10.5 instead) the L9801 would be so helpful..

BY the way I'm programming on 6 older Fadal VMCs from about 1996-1998

Back