What's new
What's new

New to site but need some help

bguminey

Plastic
Hi everyone this is my first post my name is Bryan I need some guidance here, I am in a training program at a shop learning mazatrol now I have gcode experience and some master cam but mazatrol is just a pain in lack of better words it doesn't help that the training program isn't very good I've basically self taught myself before I go into details about what I'm needing help with I'm just looking for some people who are experienced with mazatrol.

Thank you for reading
Bryan

read the programming manual. actually mazatrol is not that hard to learn and can be extremely fast to program. i would read programs already made to see how others done it and read the manual.
if you work with another experience cnc machinist and you get stuck ask a question. often another machinist can answer a question in 1 minute that might take 20 minutes to find in the manuals
it took me about a month to learn mazatrol. not really that much different from Centroid, Prototrak, and other cnc conversational controls.
offset is a nice feature you can offset in x,y,z and in angle. often a feature is programmed in x direction and rotated with the offset to get a clock or dial pattern
multi mode is similar you can repeat a pattern with a shift in angle to get a clock pattern
there is also a feature if you are unsure of a coordinate and leave a ? mark but other data is there it will figure out missing data. the is a very very useful feature

There is a Mazak section on this forum with a lot of experienced users who can help you with any questions you may have. Good luck!

Welcome but for future reference please create topic titles that give some indication of what your topic is actually about...."Need some help" is meaningless in that regard as for all we know you need to know how to clear a steak from your throat.

Back