What's new
What's new

LeBlon Makino Barron 25 tailstock

propman

Aluminum
Well it just never ends, had a new control put on this lathe and when it came back the clogged oil pressure switch was leaking, fixed that but also the when advancing the quill on the tailstock it stuttered badly and now it leaks. Has anyone had one of these apart or had the same problem? It looks like someone recently had this apart but I can't get any info from them not that I would trust them anyway. If anyone could give any suggestions or advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

Is this the animal?

20130926_170545.jpg

When it had been a long time between uses I remember it doing that but it came out of it.

Sounds like maybe some air is in the lines.

Does it move up into position like its supposed to?

Where is it leaking?

I believe the whole quill comes out as a unit then the front keepers come off that lets you at the bearings, seals and such. I watched an ole bird rework ours but its been a long time ago. Sorry I wont be much help. You have no drawings?

Brent

That's the one, I thought it may be air too, bleed the lines and it didn't help. I started to increase the quill pressure and noticed a mist coming out of what looks like spanner holes and then it just started flowing out of the same hole. I do have a drawing but it must be a different drawing as mine looks different

Back