What's new
What's new

Through Spindle Coolant on a Fadal

Scott H

Cast Iron
I drill alot of holes on my Fadal. 1/4" 2-2.5" deep in mild steel. I am running it at 1750 rpm 10 ipm and go 2.25" in 3 pecks. I am looking at putting the Lightening Cool TSC system on my mill and using the coolant through drills. Has anyone here retrofitted a Fadal with the Lightening Cool system? For the guys that have TSC, what would you run a coolant through 1/4" drill at? What is the minimum pressure that I should use with a TSC system? Is the hole quality better?
I do also use smaller drill and have had to use a .125" drill 2.5" deep.

Thanks,

Scott

Another solution would be a nice coolant inducer if you just need the TSC for your drills. You can get a really good one for under $1,500. Not sure how much the system you are looking at costs. Are you familiar with coolant inducers?

Yes. I have several coolant inducters. They take-up alot of z room, but they do work. I only have 200 psi hooked-up to it currently. They are very bulky for small drills. Also, they will not go through the tool changer on my Fadal.

Thanks,

Scott

Chip,
That is the inducer that I have now running a 1" insert drill. The Fadal has the umbrella tool changer and the nipple for the inducer is in the way of the cover with the position I have to have it in the spindle. It is a great tool, but weights 5+ lbs and uses 3+" of z travel. Also have to have 1 for each drill in the program operation.

Thanks,

Scott

Back