What's new
What's new

Looking for feed back on experiences with service calls from machine dealers

Joec@westminster

Aluminum
Hi all,

We are in the process of deciding which vmc we are going to buy, I have 5 companies I am considering. I am more interested in feed back on service support from these companies rather than getting into a discussion about the quality of each machine over the other because we have not decided exactly what we want as far as the machines specific purpose, ie: hardmill, graphite, soft mill or any combination there-of.

The companies are as follows:

Roku-roku
Makino
Sodick
Hermle
Hyundai

Service and support is an important consideration and I appreciate any info from experiences any of you may have had with these companies.

TYIA

Joe

I have 4 doosan mill turns in my shop and Able (who I think would be your makino dealer) provides excellent service.

I tried getting a quote from Able for a takamaz and the sales guy Wayne didnt even care the least bit, Didnt even get a phone call back after calling them twice?

What about Okuma? Robert E. Morris Company would be your distributor I think. I am assuming they are just as good as Morris Great Lakes who have been nothing short of fantastic to work with.

Able is a reputable dealer and their service department is very good. Parts won't be an issue either.
Much of this is dealer driven not manufacturer driven. I would assume that the other builders you've mentioned are standing behind their products as well. Many machine tool dealers carry more than one line just as many car dealers do. It expands the possible market they can serve.
I would think that you would not have a problem getting parts/service from a major tool builder, and it looks like that's where you're going.

Hermle doesn't make 3 axis machines anymore?
Quiet a big price difference between hermle, makino, etc and Hyundia?

Thanks for the replies.

Yes we are going with top tier builders. The reason for my fishing trip is because we bought a dmg and have found the service to be abysmal. The machine we like and would consider another but for the poor service.

Back