What's new
What's new

looking to purchase twin turret lathe

quest

Plastic
Started out looking at a used 2010 Lico LNT51s-s3 but cant find much info on them so thinking a twin turret will do the job. Found a used 2007 Nakamura WT100-mmy lathe does anyone out there have any experience with this machine or any other recommendations need at least a 2" spindle bore.
Thanks Dan

We have two twin turret Mori's. Both are rock solid money makers. Gantry loader on the NZX. We have been running it lights out for a couple of years with very very few issues.

We run three Nakamura Tome machines, a WT-250 and two WT-150s, all twin spindles, twin turrets, live tooling on both with Iemca bar feeders on all three. Live tooling adapters can be expensive, but we run hundreds of thousands of the same part so it pays not to have to handle them again and put them in a mill.

They stay up and running pretty much all the time. We bought a used one in 2011 and all I've ever done is change the batteries in the amplifiers.

There's some great people just down the road at Tennessee Industrial Electronics if you do need parts, and they always seem to have what we need and it's almost always here by 10:30 the next morning.

They do use alot of waylube. The only time they don't pump waylube is if the main breaker is off. But it's sort of relative. Many more ways and screws to lube.

Thanks guys and yes in need twin spindle.I heard the nakamura used a lot of way oil.

You have to consider there's a lot going on under the sheet metal that needs oiling - you're oiling two lathes and two milling machines. I probably go through a gallon every week and a half or so. There's always the timer parameter for the oil pump, but I don't recommend changing it.

For a machine such as that, I wouldn't give 2-seconds thought to how much way-lube it uses. You're worried about pennies - it'll be bangin' out benjamins.

Just buy a skimmer for the coolant tank and a couple extra pails of vactra oil & rock' on!

For a machine such as that, I wouldn't give 2-seconds thought to how much way-lube it uses. You're worried about pennies - it'll be bangin' out benjamins.

Just buy a skimmer for the coolant tank and a couple extra pails of vactra oil & rock' on!

The OP is too vague to start with. But yeah, if way lube is the concern, we have a ways to go (pun intended)

R

Back