What's new
What's new

low way lube pressure alarm

Ukraine Train

Cast Iron
Yesterday I started getting a "lubrication oil pressure still down" alarm on my Mori SL20 lathe. The gage reads 0.4MPa when the pump runs, which is about half of what the manual says is required. Today I plan to clean out the filter sock in the reservoir and trace the lines to check for leaks. Are there any other checks I should make for common issues? I'm using the proper 32 weight oil.

Also, since I'm on the subject of this lathe, where the coolant transfers from the turret carriage into the turret, it's leaking. Is it as easy as pulling off that small square block and replacing an o-ring?
2015-02-25 10.31.31.jpg

Also, since I'm on the subject of this lathe, where the coolant transfers from the turret carriage into the turret, it's leaking. Is it as easy as pulling off that small square block and replacing an o-ring?
View attachment 140698

I don't have the same machine, but my Victors are really blueprint copies of the SL. The plunger is held in contact there by a pretty strong spring. You'll want to release the spring pressure before you try and take the block off, on ours there is a little plate on the opposite side of the block held by two long cap screws that holds the spring in.

I can't sure for sure on yours, but on ours it's not just a simple o-ring, sort of a long cup seal that goes inside the plunger and flares out at the end where it sits against the turret face.

Back