What's new
What's new

M code for low range spindle.

Perk

Cast Iron
A buddy of mine is trying to activate Low Range on an old Cincinnati Vertical with an Allen Bradley control (didn't get model). Does anyone remember the M-code for low range?

An AB on a Cinci vertical? :confused:

On a similar aged Cinci with an A900 control:

"Machining Range" = M41
"Tapping Range" = M42 - I think that was good for up to 500 rpm?

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I have one with M38 and M39.

For those who wonder what M38 M39 do.
I have no earthly idea if other controls or milling centers use this command, all I know is late model HAAS Lathes do, our 99 model will not recognize m38 but the 2012 model does.

Ever have to manually job the spindle RPM up and down to stop chatter?

M38 does just that for you, m39 just turns M38 off.
You can set the value of how many RPM it goes +- from the base RPM and another setting to control how fast it makes that cycle.

I have a lathe with a AB 7360 and it uses M11 and M12 as I recall - or something close- might be M12/M13. Unfortunately, that's usually up to the MTB so it could be just about anything- do you have any documentation for the machine? Wiring diagram for the shift solenoid circuit may have the M command on the schematic. I would probably just start MDIing in M codes until you hear a clunk. (do it with the spindle off though). Dan

I have a lathe with a AB 7360 and it uses M11 and M12 as I recall - or something close- might be M12/M13. Unfortunately, that's usually up to the MTB so it could be just about anything- do you have any documentation for the machine? Wiring diagram for the shift solenoid circuit may have the M command on the schematic. I would probably just start MDIing in M codes until you hear a clunk. (do it with the spindle off though). Dan

If your control lists "active M codes" at anytime, you could see what the default codes are, and if there are some that you are not familiar with - you could try to MDI the next one up and down from it and _ listen for the "clunk".

Even tho it's an AB - I would still expect the default Cinci codes.
Is this a retrofit?

------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back