What's new
What's new

Machine Down! Fanuc OT 417 & 427 Servo Digital Param. What do i do?

Kawgomoo

Cast Iron
Hello all! This weeks problem :) {Besides it being well over 100 degrees}

The machine is a Femco Durga Lathe with Fanuc OT Control.

I was running parts happily yesterday and shut the machine down for the evening. It runs off an RPC so when its off, theres no power to it at all.

When i restarted the machine today, i get Alarms 417 Digital Servo Param and 427 Digital Servo Param.

First, i do not know why the machine lost these params, i changed the batteries less than a year ago. I DID change the membrane overlay to the keypad this morning before firing it up. How that would have cause this, i will never know. Maybe a key was stuck down that did something bad when i first booted it?

All that besides....What do i do from here? The machine doesn't seem to respond to anything. Not even the reset button. Im just stuck at the alarm screen. I do have the params written down, and my MTB also emailed me a copy when i got this machine. I just have no clue how to progress forward to enter them OR diagnose the true cause of this issue.

Help? lol

Well, the first thing to do is take that new membrane back off and power up the machine. Then tell us what happens.

Hi friend,

What kind of membrane did you change? The original? If you don't change by the original maybe that was the cause por the problem.
When you change this element with one that is not original this things happen, sometimes one or two keys stick and can reset the control.... the strange is seems that only you lost the servoparameters, if don't you will find a big quantity of alarms....

I think you should input the parameters again related to this, or if you have a backup in your pc, test with input all of them to recover the machine to this stage.

And remember if the membrane is not the original this things will continue happen.

Julian Marin

Sent from my BLL-L23 using Tapatalk

Well then.....so i peeled the membrane off and restarted the machine.

Now i get p/s 100, 417, 427...... and the coolant randomly comes on. lol {I'm wet}

If you hit the reset soft key the coolant turns off for a second, then turns itself back on.

So how do i proceed forward? i can't seem to clear the alarms off the screen. Clicked over to MDI and hit diagnostic/param button and nothing....

it looks like some of the stuff is there, its not all zeros at least.

the Fanuc guy, who's not terribly helpful, says to enter the 900 params first. i entered there first one, but p901 tells me its going to destroy the next file if i continue. i don't know what that means, and i don't want to do more harm than good.

ok so i entered the 900's except for 901 because of the scary warning and rebooted the machine.

now i have 408 and 409 as well as 417 and 427.

But the machine isn't running the coolant pump......so this is good?? Maybe?

it looks like some of the stuff is there, its not all zeros at least.

the Fanuc guy, who's not terribly helpful, says to enter the 900 params first. i entered there first one, but p901 tells me its going to destroy the next file if i continue. i don't know what that means, and i don't want to do more harm than good.
Don't worry, this parameter will change that quantity of memory the control has, continue with the others parameters.
Don't forget the diagnostics, start with the 800

Fanuc dude said set 901 so i did. Proceeding to setup serial com's and hopefully push the rest of the file over. hopefully.

cross your fingers my dudes.

my documentation shows diagnostic params as 10300 series, there are 16 pages of those. then i have just params which are 1-8299

So i entered the 900's manually, but i cannot figure out how to send the bulk of the params over via rs-232.

I have them in a text file the MTB sent me, and the backup i made from the machine itself.

Ok i loaded the parameter backup i had made over Rs-232 that seemed to go pretty smoothly. This was param's 0001-8299

Now when i reboot the machine i get no alarm messages at all. Just the "NOT READY" that you usually get until you hit the power button a second time which kicks on the hydros and servos. At this point nothing happens when you hit the power button the second time. No alarms, no errors, nothing. I tried with the E stop in both positions made no difference.

Im missing something here, but i don't know what. The diagnostics parameters i have don't seem to jive with how the dig menu is numbered in the control. As such, i can't upload those params to the control.

If i try to hand punch them in, some lines will change the line above it when i hit input, so i just stopped right there before crap gets any deeper.

Im still dead in the water. Im at a loss from here......

Alright got all the parameters loaded.

Parameter 60 apparently makes the diagnostic params {PMC} display with the xyfgd prefix's. All i had to do was enter the diagnostic params by hand i was good to go. About every 5 line is an actual timer the rest are storage bits it seems so you can't change those....i guess.

Now my only issue is i need to home the machine. Everything seems to be up and working now, it just gives an overtravel alarm though its nowhere even remotely near the switches. What do i do here? I vaguely recall holding P + CAN and booting the machine to overcome this.....but thats about as far as my memory goes. And I'm shy to go screwing anything else up at this point.

Yeah, sounds like you need to reset the grid shift. It's been too long since I did it, so I don't want to give you the wrong procedure.

Moving right along...

I reset the machine holding P + CAN, then zero returned like normal. So all is well there.

Im in the process of touching off tools, i never thought to backup my offsets :(

Ive ran a small program and called a tool, it calls the right one so i THINK we are just about back in business!!!

Im super stoked on this one!

Remember the topic about the membrane, you have to install the adequate for the machine

I made the same mistake

Remember the topic about the membrane, you have to install the adequate for the machine

Sent from my BLL-L23 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE.

I have all my peramiters written down but can not enter them into the controller do to not being able to clear the "not ready" alarm.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Back