What's new
What's new

Machinist Needed Florida

AKM247T

Plastic
Looking for a qualified machinist in the East Central Florida Coast. We work with a lot of investment castings experience with machining investment castings is a plus. Applicant must be able to program at the machine level, work with engineering to develop holding fixtures and able to operate cam software. Our current machine shop is equipped with Hass lathes,Hauss vertical mills and Hauss horizontal mills.
Please email me back if you are interested in a position with our company. This position is full time with benefits. Rate of pay is based on experience level and product knowledge. I will explain your scope of work once you email me.

Never been in my life Doug, just the pics on the web are enough to put me off.'

Same here, last visit I was riding in the back of a "Station Wagon"* around
1975, went to see the rat.

*for the under 30 crowd, "Minivan".

Have no desire to go back.

Okay I'll bite guys, who or what was ''The Rat''?

Mickey Mouse. Disney manufactures pretty much everything on site for the parks, or at least they used to. They have some pretty amazing facilities in what's called "Central Shops". I've personally made bronze bushings for the shuttles - the ones that carry you to and from the parking lot, parts for Haunted Mansion, parts for Splash Mountain, just to name a few. It was a fun job.

Semi serious Q, did the machinists who worked for Disney have to constantly smile and be happy as well?

No, we were what was termed as "back stage". We didn't interface with the public. The place was really laid back though. The foreman used to hang around the time clock until everyone punched in then he'd disappear for the rest of the night. If you had a question you had to go to the (air conditioned) break room where he was usually playing pool with one of the supervisors from the other departments. At 11:45 each night we'd go steal a couple of golf carts and ride over behind one of the buildings and watch the fireworks at midnight.

Florida is a great place to spend the winter. Summer and ants and bugs not so nice. many people unemployed go there and find jobs often pay less than national average probably cause more people than jobs especially when economy not doing well.
so many out of state people buy a Florida house that many houses are empty. renting cheap to keep squatters from breaking in and living in your house is common. really you often can rent hugh whole houses practically brand new for less than $1500/month. if you do the home maintenance it can be cheaper. out of state home owner has to pay somebody to take care of the place minds well have renter tenant do it
people buy house figuring to retire there. if renter rent pays the mortgage payment than cost of house not much

Limi Sami, when you are ready to retire the Villages in Florida is America's premier active adult retirement community. You might be the only one who would have a garage full of machine tools. Think of all the favors you could do for all those seniors.

Limi Sami, when you are ready to retire the Villages in Florida is America's premier active adult retirement community. You might be the only one who would have a garage full of machine tools. Think of all the favors you could do for all those seniors.
dont leave garage door open peacocks and alligators and snakes and lizards have a habit of going into garages

Back