What's new
What's new

Makino a81 pro 5 control.

cmiddl01

Plastic
Is there anyone out there that wants to earn a few bucks on the side in the metro Detroit area, and want to teach us this machine. The guy that ran this machine quit. we have a probe on this machine as well but not sure how to use it. We do know that we are missing macros for it. We purchased the machine used for a certain job but now want to use it for other things.

If you had all your eggs in one basket with the guy that left I would recommend having Makino come to your shop and spending a week with a few of your employees setting up and programming the machine. That would probably be your best help but it would not be cheap. Probably 1k a day with the air fare and hotel expenses.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

The guy we had could run the machine but not at its full potential. I agree with you on having makino come out and go through everything. Now how do I convince my boss this lol. he would rather hack and slash at it instead of getting it properly done.

Well the way I would go about telling him would be that learning and programing the machine to its full potential would easily pay for a tech to come. Also just winging it would increase your chance of a machine crash. Imagine for a second that there is someone trying to figure the machine out and forgets something easy that they would have covered with a Makino tech and runs a tool at rapid into the tombstone and wrecks the spindle and tweaks the rotary axis of the machine. Your talking serious money if something like that happens. Basically a complex expensive machine like that needs full attention and training to be productive and safe. If we were talking about a 3 axis mill It would be a different story.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back