What's new
What's new

Matsuura 760 Tool Change sequence error - Ideas?

mbuchli85

Plastic
Good morning everyone,

I have a quick question. I have slowly been getting this machine back up and running. I have it to the point where I can home the machine, load programs, and have it move the tool carousel. I am having some issues getting an actual tool change to occur. With the machine homed, it will locate the correct tool pocket, set the gear on the arm to home and then after about 20 seconds it errors out with the error shown in the image. I was able to test the spindle location use m19 and it seems to work. I have tried finding all the limit switches I can see to make sure they are clicking and not stuck. I have a manual but it doesn't seem to be much help on this error or troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for the help and have a great weekend!

Mike

Attachments

• 2017-06-17 10.02.19.jpg
    2017-06-17 10.02.19.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 313
  • 2017-06-17 10.02.29.jpg
    2017-06-17 10.02.29.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 447
Sounds like you have a bad or out of adjustment limit/prox. switch. The 20 seconds is the control waiting for the switch to tell the control its function is completed. You need to confirm each switch's input signal to the control. On my MC-600H's usually the plunger on the tool insert/remove prox. switch gets sticky and hangs up, resulting in the same error you're getting. The Matsuura maintence manual I have for my machines is great as it explains the location and adjustments of each switch.

Have you got air pressure to machine?
What control do you have?
show us the coding you are using for tool change.
Gw

I have air to the machine. I am in mdi mode and use "t06 mo6" I have tried some other ways but it still hangs before the horizontal arm moves.

Take off the tool arm mech cover and blow air on all prox switches. Sometimes you'll get some swarf in there that will cause that to happen

I didn't mean to quote the above and I can't get out of it, but any way, I have a MX2 control, in MRI, to make a tool change
T6
G91 G28 Z0
M06

I was able to do some more searching tonight and I think I may have found the problem. When I tell the machine to orient the spindle through m19 or at the side panel by the tool changer, the light doesn't turn to green like the rest of the tool change locations. All the rest of the lights will go to a green by the tool change controls. I took the top covers off the machine by the spindle but do not see where the sensor is for the spindle orientation. When you tell it to orient, the machine will turn the spindle and stop at a location but it doesn't set to anything past yellow on the control light. Does anyone have any tips on testing the spindle orientation switch or where it is located? My last resort is to call a tech out but I would rather that be a last resort. :)

Thanks in advance for the help everyone!

Mike

Is the ATC light illuminated on the top left of console before you typed M6? I also have to send Z home manually during a MDI tool change.

I'm not certain, but I don't believe there is a proxy switch for spindle. That should be controlled by encoder on top of motor. It's adjustable in control

You can read the ladder to diagnose faulty switch, if you know how..I don't.

Another possibility is that the tool change arm is rotated too far in, or too far out. There is a "male" slot that hangs below/left of arm. You can stick a wrench on that and manually rotate in and out. You can view prox switch lights behind cover, or just rotate it both ways and put it in middle of travel. Should be pretty obvious once you do it.

To expand on what I said above, when you rotate tool change arm clockwise you will get to a point where the arm starts to lower. Visually note position of "slot". Now rotate it in the opposite direction until again the arm starts to drop. Note position. Now set slot in midpoint. Please note that you should remove any tool holder in spindle.

Thanks I will give that a try. I have the machine homed and the ATC light is on so z should be in the correct place to allow a tool change. I will take a further look at the arm and its current position.

After checking all the switches and sensors last night, I found the problem. The previous owners had the arm motor wired backwards. When it was supposed to extend, it was trying to retract. Switching the two wires fixed all the problems! After a couple months of putting the machine back together, all the mechanical is working again. Now off to test the post processor and offsets. Thanks again for all your help!

Mike

Back