What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC-500V-PC-2S

Perry Harrington

Titanium
There is one of the above machines available locally. I noticed it had a MM logo on it, so I was hoping that someone from Methods could weigh in on this machine. This is a 1986 machine, owned by AC Manufacturing, they say it has a 1 year old 12k spindle with ceramic bearings, what should I know about these machines? For the price, I might seriously try to scare up the money if it seems like too good of a deal to pass up. What is the range in value for these? It comes with tooling and 2 pallets, dunno if it comes with the vises that are shown on the pallets though. I understand maintenance is everything, so I don't expect any finites, I'm just curious whether this sounds like something worth pursuing.

They are a nice older machine. The control however is going to be the problem when something goes bad. If the price is right, it would be a reliable machine. Ask if the spindle came from MMT or a rebiulder. If it cam,e from someone other than MMT, be suspect. Like any 1980's machine, they have allot of hours on them. We have all the parts for these machines in stock, however getting motors and drives for this old of a machine is a problem.

Scott
MMT

I talked to the owner. He said they haven't used the machine much for the last year or so, they have another one, much newer, that they use. He hasn't replaced anything other than the spindle, says its a Spitec unit. He said Selway is the company who serviced the machine. He can't provide any maintenance history prior to his purchase 5 years ago. The machine doesn't look totally beat, it still has much of it's paint and doesn't appear to have been repainted. He couldn't/wouldn't divulge the cut time hours on the machine. The travels seem kind of small, but given the PC nature it could be very useful as a drill/tap machine as well as machining smaller parts. It only has 120k of memory, so DNC is mandatory for many complicated programs. My mill programs are averaging around 7k lately. The guy is asking $12k, which is the reason my eybrow raised. I can go inspect the machine and check the backlash. The big "but" seems to be the same as my Hardinge, drives and control are dated and potentially big gotchas. But without actually spending the time to look the machine over, it's speculation as to whether it's good or bad.

Could you tell me wher the backlash comp is located on the MX2 control it has? I'd look that up and measure any actual.

I hate situations where I'm not looking for a machine, but a great deal drops in my lap and I can't say no...

I had a look at this machine today. The machine itself is in fairly good condition. The only thing that jumped out at me was noise from the belt drive. At 500 RPM it sounded like there was a bearing that needed replacing, but I couldn't tell whether it was that or just noise from the belt drive. I didn't detect any direct noise from the motor or the spindle, and the noise quieted down at higher RPMs. It sure was a screamer though, 15k rpm is wicked.

The machine has fairly low backlash, perhaps a tenth in the X and 6 or 8 tenths in the Y. The machine has around 8 tenths to 1 thou of play in the ways, I think the gibs need to be adjusted up, I would expect around 2 tenths play on a tight machine. The PC worked, although the door was sticky due to chip accumulation.

The machine was purchased from HP/Agilent 5 years ago, in 2006 they had the spindle rebuilt by Spitek and (allegedly) serviced by Selway.

Although the machine looked in ready condition, you couldn't guarantee it would work tomorrow. The biggest detractor to this machine was the age of it. I have become to realize that having a good working machine is very important to the task of actually getting work done.

In the end, I decided to pass on this machine, I just worry about whether the machine would work after a move (lots of socketed chips) and if the machine would stay functioning fully for 3 years, time enough to pay for itself and make decent money. To put it another way, if such a machine worked flawlessly for 3 years without major problems, on my workload, it would have been worth it.

After seeing the machine and thinking about how to use pallet changers, I'm excited to look at the newer machines with pallet changers.

Try and find a RA1F if you can. They are fantastic mid 90's machines that just plain run. They have the PC2 system as well. Goodluck with your hunt! Selway may be a good resource as they get trade ins and try and move the older equipment.

Alarm 25 comes Matsuura mc500v with yasnac 3000g-

dear friends
i am new to this forum and looking for your help.
recently bought a used Matsuura mc500v with yasnac 3000g
when we tried to switch on found that both batteries are gone, changed the batteries,loaded the parmeters but When attempting to perform a Tool change in MDI I get an Alarm 25 along with a 551 code in the following format. 551..25. --------
-we are trying tool change with M06.
-presently there are no programmes left in memory.
-is M06 some macro programme.?
-what is the method to find out which tool no is presently loaded in spindle.?
-we are desprate for help,if we have not posted on right thread pl inform and suggest where we should post.
with reagrds to all.

kamal
[email protected]

If you don't have the instruction manuals, get them. Then you need to perform initial commisioning of the machine. Without all the parameters set, your hardware won't work. Most machines are a useless hunk of iron until you perform initial commisioning (tool changer and spindle don't spin, etc).

matsuura tool change alarm 25 comes

thanks,we have the manuals.
-axis- all axis moving in jog, rapid or mpg mode amd also in mdi mode.
-zero return also happening.
-tool magazine rotation,up and down and forward/revese happening.
-only tool change say t0101 Mo6 in mdi mode not happening.
regards

Here's what the Yasnac website spits out:

Control Type: 3000G

Alarm Code: 25

Possible Remedy:
SEQUENCE ERROR, THE PROGRAM WHICH IS PROHIBITED BY THE MACHINE INTERFACE IS EXECUTED. FOR EXAMPLE, WHEN THE SPINDLE IS RUNNING, THE REVERSE RUNNING OF THE SPINDLE IS COMMANDED. DEPRESS RESET BUTTON AND ALARM STATUS IS RELEASED. CORRECT THE PROGRAM.

You have a programming syntax error. It doesn't like the sequence or format of your MDI command.

The manual references tool changes as either simple Txx or Txxxx. It is convention, on newer machines, to issue Txx M06 or M06Txx.

You need to read, and reread, and practice with the machine. Until you are very familiar with the machine and control, you are going to have a lot of questions that won't be answered quickly on forums due to lack of familiarity, lack of interest, or your questions are just seen as simple questions that are answered through reading the manual and practicing at the control.

You may want to look at the micro swithces on the Z axis to make sure there is not one that is stuck. That has happen to me before and given me an alarm 25.

To give it the tool chnge code try t2m6. If it ever changes it will index all the way around if not started at tool one. This should verify which pocket you are on. It should start or have to go by pocket one on the initial index.
Hope this helps. Michael

thanks,
still i have not checked z axis limit switches but i tried t2m6 but nothing happens and same alarm 0 05.51 .25 alarm 25 sequence error comes.
-but we are able to zero z axis and atc home led is also flashing.
pl suggest. kamal

Back