What's new
What's new

Matsuura MC-500v problems

jarrod217

Plastic
Our MC-500V screen will not boot up in 0-operation mode, or 1-parameters mode. Only in 4,5,6. Have replaced power supply and many other parts since we have a parts machine. We did find starting out bad memory battery and replaced. We put parameters back in but in test mode since parameters number 1 mode would not come up. Any thoughts where to go from here? Thanks

Of course we are all mind readers or psychics and can divine which model of Yasnac control your machine has and what appears on the display when trying to boot in mode 0 or 1.

Contact Yaskawa yet?

Of course we are all mind readers or psychics and can divine which model of Yasnac control your machine has and what appears on the display when trying to boot in mode 0 or 1.

Contact Yaskawa yet?

Yeah second that, Yaskawa may be helpfull with a problem like that.

It is a cp379 MX1 control. Sorry about that. We just got machine. I bought it cheap. Guy was moving and didn't want to move it. So this is my first time working on these machines. I am a industrial Maintenance tech. On setting 0 and 1 the screen does not boot at all.

Sounds to me like you need to "generate the system". Two ways to try that. The first way is not supposed to clear the parameters, but be sure you have backups of some kind just in case.

Set system switch to 7.
Turn on control power.
If the CRT comes on, press the following keys in order; Reset. Next. Alarm (ALM).
If it works then the CRT should give a message like Generation Complete.
Turn off control.
Set system switch to 0.
Turn on control and check for alarms etc.
Check parameters.
Carefully test all machine functions.

The second system generation method is similar but will clear all control data. You must have backups and the ability to reload them.

Set system switch to 7.
Turn on control power.
If the CRT comes on, press the following keys in order; Reset. Next. PG Down. ORG.
If it works then the CRT should give a message like Generation Complete.
Turn off control.
Set system switch to 4.
Turn on control (first power only!).
Load all parameters.
Turn off control.
Set system switch to 0.
Turn on control and check for alarms etc.
Check parameters.
Carefully test all machine functions.

Well we generated the system with no change. Went in cleared all data and regenerated again with all data re installed. still not screen on 0-1. Shouldn't it run manually in setting 4? it will not power machine up in setting 4 either.

In mode 4 does the display work? I don't think the machine will run in mode 4 though I don't recall ever trying it. Yasnac controls require a second push of the power button after the screen appears to power up the servos.

Yes the display works in mode 4.Just not in 0,1. It will not power machine up with second push of power button in any mode. When they were running this machine it started to kick servos off just like you pushed power off button. It would start back up and run. Then it stopped turning back on all together. I replaced power supply. It made no difference. In 0 and 1 setting the tube on monitor lights up from rear just no signal to monitor. The Keypad is dead also. The auto green lights will light up. on front panel.

I'm pretty sure the PLC side of the control does not run in mode 4.

I'm out of things to try other than starting to swap boards. Contact Yaskawa? I've not worked on an MX series control for over 20 years now and have not talked to anyone at Yaskawa in probably 10 years so not sure what their level of ability to support the MX series is.

We have swapped about all boards. I have another parts machine. I am thinking I have a short somewhere. That should be fun tracking down. Thanks for your help.

Back