What's new
What's new

info needed cincinnati 7vc-750

Mike Hill

Cast Iron
There is a 7vc-750 for sale local to me and i was wondering if anyone is familiar with these mills. The control on the machine is a 850 and it has the factory 4th acsess. I was just wondering what this machine is capable of and how user friendly is it, i am currently using a wells index with a bandit control.
This cincinnati probably has less than a hundred hours on it and its a 1988 model.

The 850 is very reliable, and the machine is too. You don't have the capability of macros like a Fanuc has, and the shop floor programming (which is optional) is terrible, expect to use g codes or CAM to program it. If it's cheap, grab it.

Here's a link to the Yahoo acramatic group, lots of knowledge there about the 850 and 850sx - ACUGroup : Acramatic Control Users Group

thanks for the info guys, the mill was set up next to a cinci lathe of the same year with a robot between them, they were set up as a demo at our local engineering college the machine looks like new the instructor in charge says there has been problems every so often with the ATC not working right, he says he used to do a 2hr demo on it once a year until last year, the machine is now surplus, the machine was purchased new by the university.
is there anything particular to look at on the control?

That is some real good iron. And with the geared head - power really aint much of an issue for most anything really. I still have one 5VC here. I think your toolchange time is a lot less than mine tho. The 7 has a two position arm I think. ???

Yeah - if it's cheap and runs, you shouldn't git hurt too bad. But it doesn't have much resale either, so only buy it if you wunna run it IMO.

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

We have 2 cin's w/ 850sx control. Very tough to diagnose if something in the back goes wrong. Also, they go thru a keyboard every 5 or 6 years. The soft button contacts must get corroded inside and you have to hold the button down for several seconds to get it to work. Eventually they quit working. Mechanically very tight and accurate after 19 years. And get this- We even have the same Wells Index.

850 and 850sx are 2 different controls. They program the same, but the 850sx is newer technology. Just be aware of that when you are asking questions. A 7VC is probably the 850. I haven't heard the keyboard problem on 850, but at 100 hours it's not going to be a problem anyway.

If you call Debbie Simpson at Siemens at 513-494-5396 with the control serial number she can tell you what options it has.

well I looked at the machine ad it seems to be in great shape, a couple of questions I have about it are, its wired for 460 volts would I be able to change it over to ru on 220 off a rpc and what kind of cam program would comunicate well with this machine

its wired for 460 volts would I be able to change it over to ru on 220 off a rpc

1/2 my shop is this way, including my 5VC-750

Just takes a transformer. :Yawn:

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back