What's new
What's new

Matsuura RA1-Yasnac MX3 questions

Hot Bob

Cast Iron
Being new to CNC, I've been working through lots of challenges with this machine. So here's the latest. I'm finished reading through the Yasnac manual, the RA1 manual, Peter Smid's "CNC Programming Handbook" and his "CNC Programming Techniques". I can read through a basic program and pretty much know what I'm looking at and what the machine is supposed to do. When I bought this machine, the previous owner said he would leave a few programs in the controller memory that I could use to get going. Study them and/or modify them and save as new programs. The problem is that the Yasnac manual is very, very difficult to make any sense out of. I cannot find the program list in the controller. Would one of you guys who is using a MX3 controller please give me a step-by-step on how to get to the program list and how to load the program? I really can't make any sense out of this part of the manual.

Thanks,
Bob

To find the program directory:
Press the "alarm" page key
Cursor down once and you will see the hour meters, cursor down one more time and you will see the programs currently in the memory.

To run one of the programs, turn the mode switch to memory, than press the "program" page key, enter the program number you want, and press the cursor down key.

To find the program directory:
Press the "alarm" page key
Cursor down once and you will see the hour meters, cursor down one more time and you will see the programs currently in the memory.

To run one of the programs, turn the mode switch to memory, than press the "program" page key, enter the program number you want, and press the cursor down key.

Well of course...that makes so much sense! Stored programs are under the alarm page, not the program page. Thanks again Dave.

Bob

Well of course...that makes so much sense! Stored programs are under the alarm page, not the program page. Thanks again Dave.

Bob

Well that is Yasnac MX series controls for you!:willy_nilly:

I figured these things out on my own, it wasn't fun, if you have any questions just ask.

By the way, in the program directory at the bottom left hand corner of the page is the remaining memory in KB.

To delete programs, turn the mode switch to Edit, type in the program number and hit the erase key. If you would like to delete all the programs punch in O-9999 and hit erase. I think that deletes any macros you might have as well though so keep that in mind.

My condolences. I have a machine that has an MX-3. It is currently down and I am in no hurry to get it fixed. The only good thing about them is all manuals are available for download for free from the control maker.

My condolences. I have a machine that has an MX-3. It is currently down and I am in no hurry to get it fixed. The only good thing about them is all manuals are available for download for free from the control maker.

You are complaining about mx3? how about I trade you for my old mx1;):D
When I am on the mx3 I feel like I am running something state of the art, its almost an i80:nutter:

You are complaining about mx3?

Oooooh, Dave is so right about that. The X-3 series is most definitely better than the X-1 and X-2. Hope that you never have to buy a board for and X-1 or -2. Yikes! They're proud of them. Hard to repair, too. Many layers and millions of chips, or so it seems.

Oooooh, Dave is so right about that. The X-3 series is most definitely better than the X-1 and X-2. Hope that you never have to buy a board for and X-1 or -2. Yikes! They're proud of them. Hard to repair, too. Many layers and millions of chips, or so it seems.

Even though the iron is absolutely mint on my mx1 Matsuura, I don't think I'd bother doing board swaps/repairs on it. I'd rather put the money towards another Matsuura with an i80 control.

What is the site where can I get the manuals

I interested on the manuals are you able to share with us the link to download them?

Thanks

Marco

Back