What's new
What's new

Are Threads disappearing still? Or is it fixed?

wrustle

Titanium
I see my "first" thread regarding coolant thru drills came back, but the second one I started (because the first one had disappeared) which had video, and pictures and an ongoing discussion is gone? :confused: What the heck is going on??

Later,
Russ

I see my "first" thread regarding coolant thru drills came back, but the second one I started (because the first one had disappeared) which had video, and pictures and an ongoing discussion is gone? :confused: What the heck is going on??

Here's what happened. Sunday morning about 2AM, PM went down...nothing but Webhost holding page showing. I discover this about 8:30 AM, none of my usual IT guys are available that early on a Sunday morning, so I contact webhost myself. Webhost tech on call replies that problem is new server IP address not directed via DNS. I say, ok, change it...he does.

Now, what I didn't know until this morning is...he screwed up ! He changed it so we were looking at the old server ! That's why on Sunday it appeared we had lost many posts...because we were looking at the old server...but we had been using the new server since Friday, so all latest posts were there.

So, this morning, redirect IP back to new server and the missing posts reappear. But the problem was then that everything posted on Sunday was still on the old server, thus they are missing now.

We are looking at ways to move them here, but the problem is they have the same post numbers as posts already up so we are worried about things going haywire if we do that. And to top it off, we still don't know why PM went down Sunday AM.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. In a few days those lost threads will vanish from memory or be replaced by new ones... As long as it's not a normall occurance, we'll all git over it. But of course I'm sure some free-loader will fuss about it as if he's not git'n what he paid for. :Yawn:

[disclaimer]
Not refering to Russ asking about it, but it is now explained.... Just keep us in the loop...
[/disclaimer]

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I wouldn't worry about it too much. In a few days those lost threads will vanish from memory or be replaced by new ones... As long as it's not a normall occurance, we'll all git over it. But of course I'm sure some free-loader will fuss about it as if he's not git'n what he paid for. :Yawn:

[disclaimer]
Not refering to Russ asking about it, but it is now explained.... Just keep us in the loop...
[/disclaimer]

----------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Wow.... Not much OX-Speak in that reply. You taking some writin classes? :)

Back