What's new
What's new

Seeking Anilam Support

captainkirk

Aluminum
I should be picking up my used Lagun mill with Anilam 1100 CNC controller in a few weeks. I am new to CNC programming (but not for long) and was scouting for contacts to assist with the beginnings of learning a new skill.
I promise to not take to much of anyones time and to respect their "contact" wishes
I also promise to appreciate the help you give as this is a long term goal that will need support to succeed.
I'm also interested in what types of Cad systems people might be using with this type of processor as that is the final goal.

Many thanks madengr,
That looks to be great to start with, and I have an older Denford CNC mill and Lathe that it will be great to use with.
Thanks for the help

I have mill and lathe both have anilam controls. Let me know if I can help.
Logos

We have just purchased a Chevalier 24/60 lathe with an Anilam 4200T controller. I am attempting to drill a hole 10-1/2" deep into mild steel with a 2-1/2" spade drill. I am running 150 rpm and feeding at about .2 IPM. After 3-4 inches the servo's are shutting off. We are very new to the world of CNC turning and were wondering if anyone had any suggestions ????

Hi BradB,
The deeper you go the more horse power is required to push the swarf out.Use a peck to clear.Use 0.750" peckdepth if you are worried about cycle time, drill to 2.0"then start the peck cycle.Remembering to rapid back out of the hole after the cycle has finished.
Why are you using a spade drill or am I misunderstanding your terms.A spade will not have the rake required for the material flow in M/S this in itself will create pressure.Your speed and feed are OK for a standard drill.In fact you could up the speed to 200rpm + the feed to if you are using freecutting.It does not pay in the long term to use crap material.

Thanks Ryan. I will give that a try.
I am currently using a spade while waiting for the indexable drill that we purchased to be manufactured.

Back