What's new
What's new

Mazak Mazatrol T-2 with "memory parity" error ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 13,992
D

D. Thomas

Error no. 22 "NMI Memory Parity" Any guesses as to where to start looking for the cause ?

This is one of many alarms that originate in the NC boards or servo amp hardware, according to the manual. No hint in the manual of where to start checking. This is an emergency stop type condition so the machine won't do much of anything till it's fixed.

The machine did sit for over a year without power, and indeed the "low battery" error came on, so I wonder if RAM memory was effected due to this.

However, after a few minutes of running, the batteries seem to charge enough for the low battery error to reset properly and a check of stored programs and parameters seems normal.

I've had other Mazaks that sat without power for long periods, had low battery errors, and they didn't get this parity error...still I wonder if that's not something to do with mucking up the RAM in this case...

Thoughts ?

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 01-29-2004).]

on fanucs when you get the equivalent error you have to reload the whole damn thing. as I understand the t-2/m-2 sucks to reload. you mey be " wiping the drive" and reloading everything. Basically it means that something is corrupt. you have to reformat the memory, erasing all parameters, etc. to fix it.

Now, that's a pleasant thought.....NOT !
mad.gif

how'd you come out on this one D? I am in no way a mazak expert, but got the info I have when inquiring about memory expansion in an M-2. Just curious what mazak said.

Mazak sez I need to do full "restore". Naturally the original parameters paperwork is missing...have every conceivable manual and such *except* the parameters sheets.

Got no backup possiblities with the machine. Do you know if one of those little Palm Pilot 'cncGcoder; things would work with a 1987 Mazak ? (got RS232 of course)

Mazak has a proprietary "Microdisc" that plugs into the RS232 port. I haven't tried one og the G-Coders, but I use Griffo Bros. Camlink to back up the programs and machine data on our T-Plus's. Their software is expensive, but not as bad as Mazak gear. I don't have the full version so I can't program off-line or view/print-out anything. Their software isn't even capable of of printing machine parameters (at $5K for the full package you would think it would). From talking to them all they have done is created a false Microdisc interface.
I have a service bulletin from Mazak that we were using to start up a T-plus that sat for about 3 years. I will take a look at it to see if there is any info that might help your situation.
Steve

Mazak has a proprietary "Microdisc" that plugs into the RS232 port

Yeah, they told me that even if I had the paramaters on a floppy disk, I couldn't even read them off a standard PC.

(sigh) whoever conjures up these proprietary software standards should be lined up at dawn and shot by firing squad...no cigarette either !
wink.gif

for about $1200 I think ( may be 1700, don't recall) you can get, direct from mazak, "Mazak Communication software", which allows your laptop to access and save mazak file formats. you can't do anything with them, but you can at least transfer in and out via laptop.

Take a look at this photo from my user parameters page. Those astericks shouldn't be there should they ?

I was assuming all this time that any parameter with an asterick was some Mazak unique "hidden" value or something, but just recently found my parameter sheets and they show a value of some sort for all of them, be it '0' or a larger number.

I tried changing a few from ***** to a number and the control did accept my input.

So, before I start changing all of them, do the astericks represent lost or corrupted memory sure 'nuf ?

par1.jpg

[This message has been edited by D. Thomas (edited 02-11-2004).]

Fixed it !

Filled in the astericks with proper numbers, and flipped a parity dipswitch on and off on one of the NC boards and the error finally reset.

I have a simalar machine with a t3 control, and lost all parameters. I now have the same error "memory parity" and was wondering if you could help

Don,this is what my T2 manual says.Alarm 22-NMI memory parity."As a result of conducting a parity check on the data in the main CPU system memories an error or errors are found."To clear use reset key.
Doesn`t mean anything to me.
Regards,Mark.

Back