What's new
What's new

Mazak QT8 Counter

TJ88

Plastic
We run a bunch of small parts on an old Mazak QT8 turning center and the counters on the controls are what management uses to verify production rate. Unfortunately anyone can highlight the 4 digit counter and edit the values to any figure. I am wondering if a program can be written, either separate from the main program such as a sub, or internal, that counts and displays every cycle start in the actual program?? I am not sure if EIA is an option or not so I would prefer to use Mazatrol if possible. Any ideas?

I don't think so, but you might look at the parameters to see if there is a lockout. Also it might be easier to verify production by material use when compared to number of parts. Assuming material inventory is tracked on a shift bases or can be.

Also, total "in cut" time divided by part cycle time will give you a count assuming no re-cutting after tool adjustment.

I am assuming program "key lockout" doesn't prevent messing with tool count? I had the QT8 but can't recall the range of control on these functions, as I never had to use them that way.

Back