What's new
What's new

Mazak VNC510C

Redjr81

Plastic
I'm having issues with the thru coolant taking a long time to shut off at tool change on a Mazak VNC510C. Does anybody know if there is a parameter I can change. It's killing my cycle time. Takes an average of 7 secs to shut off and do a tool change.

Looking at my manuals I think it is TIM38. It's probably set to zero on your machine. Try setting it to 30, which would be 3 seconds. I wouldn't recommend going much shorter than that.

I'm assuming your machine has a Matrix control?

Our 2 VTC-530/20 mills do the same but we haven't bothered changing the parameters but like yours it does sit there for a good 5-10 sec while waiting for the through coolant to turn off. I might have to look into the parameters on that but really it doesn't add a huge amount of time to our cycle times but its still worth looking into anyway.

The wait is not for turning the thru coolant off, it is for blowing the coolant out of the lines and tools so you sort of keep your spindle/tool holders cleaner. I like to protect my spindle, how about the rest of you?

I understand that it helps keep the lines and spindle clean but it's adding 45 secs to my cycle time and in a production setting that costs money.

CNC Hacker,
It's on a Fusion control. I found the setting on the Matrix but those machines are giving me a problem.

Back