What's new
What's new

hardinge VMC600 help please

joeyjrc

Plastic
We have a 1999 VMC600, due to the small, easy programs I've needed all these years of running this machine I've always just hand wrote programs and then manually installed them in the machine with the keypad on the control. Now we are getting more work and I would like to use a computer and cable.
How do I go about doing this, I'm sure we have the cable, and my boss has a decent laptop for me to use. Do I need special software?
Any info will be a big help, thanks.

Search through the site here for "DNC Program" as a search phrase. Lots of good info.

The Laptop won't need to be much, as long as it has an output to match the cable. Probably worth digging out the cable and checking to see what it has.

Other options are to look at the floppy/USB converters, that allow you to use a thumb drive to transport your programs. They range from really cheap, to not so much cheap, on a sliding scale, with the more expensive ones usually providing the least headaches to get running, from what I've read here.

Cheers
Trev

What type of control does it have?

And do a google search of free DNC software for it

EG Heidenhain give their comm software away free....:( ruins any chance of someone getting paid for DNC software for TNC machines :bawling:

Boris

I use PComm Terminal Emulator for sending programs to a couple of my machines. PComm lets you save your settings and you can make a shortcut on your desktop for it. You could also try Tera Term, I have used that in the past also. The only real trick is to get the Null modem cable setup correctly. A RS232 breakout box helps with testing it out before you make up a cable.

Back