What's new
What's new

Midaco Pallet Changer

wjohn13

Plastic
Like most shops, our boss wants the spindles to never stop. But when you have to open the doors, blow off parts, load and unload the vises, you are not making money. Can anyone give me their experiences with Midaco pallet changers on Haas VF-4 machines and let me know how reliable they are, and what service is like if they go down? This is the only way I can think of keeping the spindles turning as much as possible.

Why don't you get a Haas pallet changer? We have Midaco for our VF2, but only because Haas doesn't make one for a VF2. It's been pretty good, but you have to keep it clean (chips), and spare parts such as prox switches, micro switches, etc. are a must.

Haas no longer makes the pallet changer. I have seen them on ebay for decent money, and want to propose it to my boss. It's almost like free labor.

We have a customer that has 6 of these installed on various Haas VMC's. We had a great conversation on pros vs. cons. The feedback I get is that they are reliable and simple, pretty good "bang for the buck". The only negative he stated was that they have to be kept very clean to hold the repeat accuracy. I hope this helps and good luck.

Back