What's new
What's new

Milltronics Centurion 7 control. Opinions?

jdj

Diamond
Mainly, any opinions as to how easy it is to get to know? Quirks? I am used to G-code, it is mainly (this particular one) operating/programmed in conversational, but COULD be run/programmed in G-code, so they tell me. This is on a Milltronics ML-28 lathe.

Jeff

We've got 3 Milltronics VMCs in our shop. They were my intro into conversational programming.

They are very easy to learn. Everything is not 100% self-explanatory, but close. Operator manual is not great, but I've seen worse.

You can write in g-code or conversationally. Your conversational program gets converted to a text file that is more or less g-code.

I am in Westland. If you want me to stop by and give you an intro to the control, I'd be happy to. Keep in mind that I am only familiar with the Cent 7 mill control. But, I am a lathe guy, and I am sure I could find my way around a Cent 7 lathe.

My employer has 3 ml22's, 2 with cent 7s one with cent 7200 and 3 various mills with 7s. The control is pretty easy for general lathe work. It took about a month for me to be able to remember where the different options are. Be sure and toggle through the various options within the work pages, lots of time saving options. Also if you're use to g code, when using the drill/grooving pages the columns for cutting parameters are labeled normally and as the gcode letter. So when it ask for peck increment there is a Q beside the column. That really helped a guy at work that use to program fanuc controlls.

Thanks for the replies! Good info. I really appreciate the offer to stop by, but I am not really going to have an opportunity to actually DO anything with the lathe (control) until...I don't really even know! Just wondering for when that day ever comes around. I am up to my neck in work on 6 other machines for the for-seable future, and another person is running that Milltronics lathe for the for-seable future. He is not an expert with it. There is ONE guy there who is, but he never seems to have much time. Thanks again.

Jeff

The Milltronics control can be programmed both ways, conversationally or using Fanuc based G/M code. When programming conversationally, the control is creating a G code program in the backgroud. Programming the Milltronics conversationally is very easy and fast. You also have the option of importing a dxf file into the control as well. I believe you can download a version of the software for your pc on the Milltronics website (Milltronics : Home) should you wish to "play" around. All the best!

Thank you again, sirs. I will certainly bookmark this thread for when I get to deal with that machine/control.

Jeff

Back