What's new
What's new

Milltronics mb19 error issues

welderboyjk

Cast Iron
Recently purchased a MB19. I've been looking for a while and found one that looked nice.
I saw it demo'd and it worked fine mid November. It was moved the beginning of December by a professional rigger that I've used before. Just got power to it and it throws a 449 x axis code.

A little history on the machine. The E stop button wouldn't latch on so I replaced that before the initial fire up. But I don't think that's the cause. One side of the switch was NO and the other NC. I made sure to maintain that though the replacement looked a little different physically.
As per Milltronics to run on single phase (to lessen noise from an RPC) on the machine side of the disconnect I have L2 in the L1 block and the other is still in L3. 220 power comes in the top of the disconnect at L1 and L3.
During shipment (30 miles or so) the head was blocked and the counterbalance was blocked also. I thought that maybe the c'balance being blocked was overloading something when trying to home so I manually moved the z screw and removed the block bit still no luck.
The control functions as far as I can tell. I was able to pull up a couple old programs and run through the verify mode. I just can't home it and without doing that it's pretty much a boat anchor.
The machine is dated 19th week of 2000.
Centurian 6
Series C
Yaskawa drives. They show a green light until I try to home it then the red fault light comes on. On ALL the drives.

Is there something I should check or does someone have an idea before I call email milltronics?

*edit* I do not have air hooked up to the machine yet. There is no tool changer. Just a power draw bar and mister. This wouldn't throw a code, would it?
I don't believe flood coolant was ever used on this machine so the typical slime issues are not present.

Recently purchased a MB19. I've been looking for a while and found one that looked nice.
I saw it demo'd and it worked fine mid November. It was moved the beginning of December by a professional rigger that I've used before. Just got power to it and it throws a 449 x axis code.

A little history on the machine. The E stop button wouldn't latch on so I replaced that before the initial fire up. But I don't think that's the cause. One side of the switch was NO and the other NC. I made sure to maintain that though the replacement looked a little different physically.
As per Milltronics to run on single phase (to lessen noise from an RPC) on the machine side of the disconnect I have L2 in the L1 block and the other is still in L3. 220 power comes in the top of the disconnect at L1 and L3.
During shipment (30 miles or so) the head was blocked and the counterbalance was blocked also. I thought that maybe the c'balance being blocked was overloading something when trying to home so I manually moved the z screw and removed the block bit still no luck.
The control functions as far as I can tell. I was able to pull up a couple old programs and run through the verify mode. I just can't home it and without doing that it's pretty much a boat anchor.
The machine is dated 19th week of 2000.
Centurian 6
Series C
Yaskawa drives. They show a green light until I try to home it then the red fault light comes on. On ALL the drives.

Is there something I should check or does someone have an idea before I call email milltronics?

*edit* I do not have air hooked up to the machine yet. There is no tool changer. Just a power draw bar and mister. This wouldn't throw a code, would it?
I don't believe flood coolant was ever used on this machine so the typical slime issues are not present.

Just call Miltronics, they have been very helpful whenever I have issues with my ML 20 lathe.

I have a Centurian 5, so not sure this is applicable, but I don't have a Error 449 X axis, the X axis is in the lower numbers, 401 is X Axis software over travel and 407 is X following error. I do have a 451 that is Lube fault, if you have a way lube pump it's too low on oil and it will shut the machine down. No 449 shows up in my error code list.

Brian, the 449 is not listed in my book either but it definitely shows up.
I sent a msg to Milltronics and a couple hours later on lunch I called and they'd answered my email before I had a chance to check it.
I've made a couple quick checks but have a couple more to do tomorrow to try and pinpoint the problem a little closer.

Back