What's new
What's new

MILLTRONICS Partner 1D

sen2two

Aluminum
I have recently picked up this smaller CNC. It should be able to do what I needed to do when it's up and running. But for now, finding Parts can be kind of difficult. Maybe somebody here has experience with these...?

The y-axis belt has snapped. And the The x-axis belt isn't broken, but doesn't look much better. Also the pulleys are a little bit too rusty for my liking. Anyone know where to get replacements?

These were designed, manufactured, and built in America. So I would hope there is a replacement to be found somewhere.

Edit: I have no clue why the pictures came in sideways, that is not how they were taken or loaded.

Attachments

• 20180418_181102.jpg
    20180418_181102.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 88
  • 20180418_184307.jpg
    20180418_184307.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180418_180301.jpg
    20180418_180301.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 133
Those are standard inch size trapazoidal timing belts. Pitch from tooth to tooth in inches, 1/4”, 3/8”, 1/2” are common. Widths are in inches too. Count the number of teeth for the part number uses the number of teeth. McMaster Carr stocks them in many sizes.

just take some basic measurements and start matching it up with standard toothed belt profiles. Mcmaster is the best place to start as said. I think Stock Drive would be another place I would look too. Measure gear OD, count teeth, measure pitch etc. should be fairly easy to narrow down what series belt it would take. Count teeth on old belt to find a replacement. Take old belt off one axis and put it on the other to get a feel for if its the same length or not. If you are not positive on the belt length, order several within a tooth of each other. Belts are pretty cheap. It may be one of the standard belts Mcmaster carries, but there are dozens of little used belt profiles so keep looking if you are getting weird numbers.

When you get your new timing pulleys send them to your local plater and have them nickel plated. No more corrosion and your belt will last nearly forever.

I've actually had pretty good luck with taking corroded timing pulleys that were eating belts and getting them plated. Have the shop glass bead them before plating.

Back