What's new
What's new

Mitee Bite Loc Jaw 5 axis vise anybody using one?

Edster

Diamond
I'm looking at a smaller 5 axis vise to hold a few delrin parts that are machined from multiple sides. The Mitee Bite Loc Jaw 5 axis vise looks like a good fit. I don't need a super rigid vise, just something with good clearance. I thought of a dovetail fixture but would like to skip the extra setup milling the dovetail if possible.

Loc-Jaw(R) System | Mitee-Bite Products LLC.

I've used the talon grip jaws before with good success, looks like this vise is based on a similar concept.

Anyone using one of these?

It "looks" to me like it is quite tall and not real ridged but it may work great. I have not used one before, but am really hoping somebody can let us all know.

We're using something similiar in our 5axis - serrated jaws. Works quite well with one caveat: don't push too hard in the axis parallel to the jaws - the material will slide. This is one advantage of dovetail with pins or triangular dovetail grip systems.

Fred

Do yourself a favor and check out 5th Axis and Raptor vises. I have used both and have a 5th Axis vise. I love that thing. I use it as a 4th Axis vise. Made some mods to allow round stock, so seldom use a three jaw any more.

So I ended up buying a Loc Jaw system. For some reason I thought it was aluminum, but was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was steel. Looks like a nice setup. I've got it installed on the machine and should be ready to test it out next week on some delrin parts.

Attachments

• 20160722_164035l.jpg
    20160722_164035l.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 728
  • 20160722_164039l.jpg
    20160722_164039l.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 930
Videos

Yeah, little part for the machine. Here's a vid of the actual cutting. Not quite speedio speed but getting the job done anyway. :)

21684 13254 - YouTube

Edster, the videos are not available anymore. Any way you can repost them? I have similar plastic (Nylon) application and was thinking of using this vise. Concerned with plastic flowing out in the contact area and letting go. Would be useful to see how much material you had sticking out of the vise.
Thanks

Back