What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi Model: M-V40A Questions

gundog

Hot Rolled
There is a Mitsubishi Vertical CNC Machine Model: M-V40A on my local CL cheap and I did a search on here and didn't find much is this a good machine and control? I have an email into the guy but no answer yet. I am looking for a smaller foot print machine to make some aluminum parts I now make on a router and a bed mill. I did a search on ebay and didn't find anything either.

I know no one will know this exact machine I am just making sure it was not a lemon type machine known for some bad design or control.

Thanks Mike

Mitsubishi machine tools are typically pretty decent iron and the controls are usually Meldas (Mistubishi's brand) but some are equipped with Fanuc. I have not looked much at their verticals but did look pretty closely at their horizontals ~10 years ago for a cell installation. In that case the machines met all the requirements we had, but the cell proposed fell way short of what we were looking for so went with Makino.

The Meldas controls are nice, but different. I have one on my Mori Seiki and like it a lot. Not very many folks have experience with them so finding workers ready to run one or techs ready to work on one is harder than for a Fanuc control. Reliability is very good. Not quite as good as Fanuc, but very close. My control has never needed parts or repairs outside of replacing the memory back-up battery and "absolute" encoder batteries and it is 23 years old now. The shop I retired from had as many as 12 Mitsubishi controls at one time on EDMs (wire and sinkers), waterjet, lasers, and a 5 axis mill/turn center.

The machine looked really good and clean from the pictures but he never responded to me and now the add is deleted. $2500 seemed too cheap to me maybe that is why it is gone already.

I sold the same mill last year for $6500, so, yeah, $2500 was real cheap for that thing.

I thought it was a great machine. Real tiny footprint, lots of travel for it's size and a nice control. That machine is a 5'9" square. It's crazy small for having 16x20 travels.

I sold the same mill last year for $6500, so, yeah, $2500 was real cheap for that thing.

I thought it was a great machine. Real tiny footprint, lots of travel for it's size and a nice control. That machine is a 5'9" square. It's crazy small for having 16x20 travels.

The add had very minimal info but it sure looked good from the pictures. Day late and a dollar short again.

Back