What's new
What's new

mori seiki al-2 value?

krusemissile

Plastic
Hey guys, new to the forum and to cnc lathes. I know there lots of variables but just wondering what would be the going rate on a 1986 mori al-2 btm lathe? Fanuc 10t control, tailstock, tool presetter, 8 inch chuck, 5c nose and tooling etc. Two owner machine that seems to be well taken care of. This lathe is in the N.W. so I know that the market is different then say Calif. or east coast. Not real familiar with the prices on these things , so any positive feed back is appreciated.

Probably around $5,000-$7500 if in good running condition, we are talking about a 25 year old machine.

Thank you for the response. That is about the amount I was thinking also. He is asking for more then double the high end amount. Unless there has been some major work done I don't see it going anywhere near the asking price.

I installed one of the first AL-2s in the country. When I realized it had linear guides, I was expecting it to be a troublesome model. I have about a dozen in my area, and they've turned out to be pretty tough little machines. The most trouble has been with the contactors for the turret index motor, a fairly cheap thing. Surprising to me is that I've never had to go into the turret guts on any of them. One customer ran many hex parts, and even with the interrupted cut, it's performed great and held size. This doesn't answer your question about pricing, but I would suggest that it's a decent machine, so even if you pay on the higher side, you'll likely still get good value.

Back