What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki NLX 1500Y with CELOS Tool Life Management

pa4445

Aluminum
We have a Mori Seiki NLX 1500Y with CELOS / Mits control.

This machine is supposed to have Tool Life Management, but it looks as though it either wasn't installed, or isn't available or this version of the control.

Factory techs are kind of learning as they go with CELOS, and I have to wait weeks for answers.

I'm wondering if anyone has any knowledge of how to get the tool life functioning.

Thanks.

We have it on our new NL2500, but we're in the same boat as you with the techs. They don't know enough about the new control. We have it on our control (positive you will too), and there are more updates coming for this control. Our guy told us they will be coming up shortly for a BIG update to the control sometime in July. Once the techs get some more hrs with this control; I'm sure everything will be fine. We didn't even want to bother with the Tool Life yet... we wanted to take baby steps and get our feet wet with the control first.

I hope they will get something going this week.
We got an update in March that may not have been done right. I wasn't using Tool Management then, so I don't know if it was on there before or not.
I've been taking baby steps with this too, but now I have time to work on it. I ahve some of the new Seoc inserts to try but I want to be able to keep track of cutting time.

Back