What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki TL 500

Solar71

Titanium
Im looking for this CNC lathe...
I did a google search and could not find one...
I found many others close to this one, be we are looking for this specific model...

Any help would be appreciated...

thanks

Are you sure that is a good #?, why don't you
bust out with some specs. I checked all the
machinery dealers I have links to and came up
empty. Good luck with machinery dealers,
most of them are flakes and forget all
about you unless they have your item in stock.
Many times I hear "I'll hunt something up and get
back to you" and you don't hear from of them
again. Don Thomas from Procyon Machine is a
decent guy, I just bought a Takisawa from him
and it's on it's way. He doesn't have a lot of
inventory though. Also I have found dealers in
California to be kind of high priced. It's
cheaper to buy from the east cost and cough
up a couple $1,000 for shipping. Also it appears
everyone has a lot of mills for sale and no
lathes these days, ,.......good luck,....Bob

Thanks dualkit...
I think this is an older lathe...
Maybe the model number is incorrect... but im not too sure... This is something i was asked to look for by my boss... so where he got the number from , is anyones guess....

thanks again.

thanks you guys...
DAMN that looks horrible...
I dont know what my boss was thinking...
I really dont think he knew what he was asking about... i think someone else told him to look at that lathe...

Thanks very much ...

i think you are talking about the mori tl 5...also referred to as the 500...i think there was also the tl 3 version which was smaller. the tl 5 is considered a flat bed at 15 degrees inclination and were made in the 70's and into the 80's...maybe beyond. one tough mf too. serious iron on them. thing is they are coupled to older controllers like the fanuc 2000 and yasnac 2000...pre crt controllers. i have run a tl 5 and still do occaisionally with the yasnac control that is interfaced with a pc...we'll throw it out when it quits but it just won't quit. this was maybe an alternative to buying a crt equipped machine at much higher prices at the time. i wouldn't buy one today because of the older control and lack of good part availability...but the iron is far better than most new machines today...that machine has never complained about anything i make it do...it just does it...plus plenty of power. the machine photo in the previous posts is a poor example of one.
its missing most of its enclosure. you can find a better photo with a little more searching.

Back