What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki TV-30 or 300 backup needed

krisxone

Plastic
I recently purchased a Mori TV-300 drill and tap center, which was sitting around for a few years and lost its main board battery. So unfortunately it lost everything, including the parameters and the ladder. For a week now, I've been working with Mori tech support as well as some really helpful people on this forum, but I think I'm coming to a dead end fast. Basically I think I need the ladder backup from a similarly spec'ed machine. I know it's probably a long shot, but I'm desperately hoping someone on here might have access to a TV-30 with the same specs, or could put me in touch with someone that does. My machine has no APC, 20x ATC, 8k spindle, and auto lube. I think the non-APC and 20x ATC specs are particularly important because of the interlocks programmed in the ladder. Getting the backups is a fairly simple procedure which shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Please let me know if you can help. I know time is money and I'd be more than willing to pitch in for a few cases of beer.

That sucks, I can't believe Mori can't help you with this. If you hit a dead end and it's a good base machine think about retrofitting the control. Lot's of good stuff out there has saved many machine from an early end.

Ron

I have a TV30 and would be willing to help you if possible. First, is your control the MSC802 (Mitsubishi Meldas M50)? The TV30 only has 10 tools which may make the ladder unusable. It is possible that one of the PLC parameters is used to define the number of tools, but I do not recall seeing that in my wandering around the control and documentation. Mine is also 8K rpm and no APC so that is good. I do not have the auto lube, but am certain that is activated by PLC parameter.

I have a couple extra rungs programmed in my ladder. One is used to transfer the current tool to system variable #1031. This allows me to run a macro to check the spindle tool and eliminate the "dummy" toolchange that it does when the spindle tool is the same as the tool called in the program. This should not affect you as it can still be run per the Mori documentation. The other rung just forces on the edit lock input (turns edit lock off). That may or may not be OK for you. It is easily removed if you do not want editing always unlocked.

Thanks vancbiker. Mori USA was able to find a ladder from a similar machine, so I'm currently testing that out. Hopefully it will work. I'll def reach out to you if I need further help.

I ran with the same problem ! The machine was unplug for 6 years and I think the batterie back up fail !
No base program noting will work !
I just read you have a Miri seiki tv-30
I would appreciate your help cause wen I purchase the machine they didn’t have no back up . Let me know .
[email protected]

My brother has a Mori Seiki Tv-30 Machine he just bought this spring and has had lots of problems with it with the MSC-802m control. They just recently lost all of the memory. Is there some tech guy in Ontario that is familliar with this machine that would come out and get it going ?
We are in the Kitchener/Waterloo Area.

Thanks

Back