What's new

Mori SL-1, Yasnac 2000gII, BTR help

Bill in PA

Hot Rolled
Hello,

Mori SL-1 (1981)
Yasnac 2000GII with CRT

Not sure the make of the BTR

Precision DNC Free Edition for transmitting.

Previous owner was able to send programs to the control (I think using Mastercam to transmit). However, I have not been able to get it to work. I have the serial cable that he used. 4 wire: receive, transmit, ground, and frame ground.

Settings:

Even parity
7 bits
1 stop bit
300 baud
software handshake (have tried all the different settings)

NUL for EOB (control parameter is set for ISO)
- tried LF also

Sample program:
%
N001 G0 G96
N002 M30
%

DNC displays success message when transmitting to BTR. However, tape in gives a 8-14 error. Control indicates "format error", and book lists it as "DNC framing error or overrun error." Same error if I "tape in" without first sending program to BTR.

I did try and send one of his programs and got the same error.

Is there a way to know if indeed the BTR has received the program?

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bill

Check your stop bits and baud rate again. I am not 100%, but if i remember correctly, over run could be baud rate related and framing has to do with number of stop bits.

Sent from my KFGIWI using Tapatalk

My 1979.5 SL-2B with Yasnac 2000G uses this:

4800 BAUD
Even parity
7 data
1 stop
SW flow control

Sample program:

G50X-80000Z62500
G0T0808
G0X-80000Z62500
M30
%

I would think, though, that it just depends on your particular box that converts serial to BTR. Mine looks to be something 3rd-party that was added somewhere down the road.

Regards.

Mike

I have tried different baud rates as well as changing the other settings. The DNC always gives me a successful transmit (with the correct bytes sent), but the control gives me the 8-14 error on tape in. I am thinking that the program is not actually getting to the BTR buffer. I would like to find a way to verify the contents of the BTR buffer.

I am going to double-check my cable. The previous owner's PC had a 25 pin serial port. Mine has a nine. I had to replace the connector. The BTR connector does not use the conventional RS232 serial pin out. I mapped the original pin out before I made any changes since it was working for him.

Thanks,

Bill

Is the cable wired like this?

For hardware handshake:
Machine end db25 PC end db9
15 Send to 2 Receive
16 Receive to 3 Send
17 RTS to 8 CTS
18 CTS to 7 RTS
19 Signal Ground to 5 Signal Ground

For software handshake, jump the control lines together and to ground at the machine end of the cable.

Also, is the DNC parameter, 85 i think, turned on?

Is the cable wired like this?

For hardware handshake:
Machine end db25 PC end db9
15 Send to 2 Receive
16 Receive to 3 Send
17 RTS to 8 CTS
18 CTS to 7 RTS
19 Signal Ground to 5 Signal Ground

For software handshake, jump the control lines together and to ground at the machine end of the cable.

Also, is the DNC parameter, 85 i think, turned on?

There is no RTS or CTS. Only Send, Rec., and ground.

I did get it to finally work:

- No handshake

- LF at end of block

- I thought that the program was to be sent to the BTR then do a "tape in". Nope, "tape in first", then send program.

I am now able to send. However, I cannot get it to receive.

Half way there!

Thanks,

Bill

Wanted to give this thread a bump. I probably should have posted in the Mori forum, but I did not think of it.

I spoke with the previous owner and he said he had no trouble sending from the CNC to the PC. I still have not been able to do so. I had checked continuity in the cable before, but I will check again. I tried a serial port monitor and saw no data traffic on "tape out".

I did change the parameter from 300 baud to 1200. Much better for the speed.

Thanks,

Bill

Back