What's new
What's new

Mori SL3 - Yasnac LX1 - Error 331 & 332 - Fuse blowing

Metalworker17

Plastic
Machine - Mori SL-3H
Control - Yasnac LX1
Error - 331 & 332

Has anyone run into this problem before?

I'm getting an error code about a fuse blowing. Error 331 for Fuse X and Error 332 for Fuse Z blown. We've called Mori and Yaskawa and they can't seem to find it either.

We've checked the power supply fuses, they check out fine. Relay switches and overload switches all seem to be fine as well. Not sure whats going on here.:willy_nilly:

Anyone have an ideas?

The fuses that these alarms refer to are on the servo drives, not the power supply.

Post which servo drives you have and I might be able to point you a bit closer. I think they will be in the CPCR series.

Update ... problem found... it's actually a large semiconductor protection fuse. 600v - 20amp Clearup fuse by Kyosan. P/N 60FH-20 ... It's tucked under other boards and wires and not easily seen. That was fun removing and replacing *sarcasm*

Update ... problem found... it's actually a large semiconductor protection fuse. 600v - 20amp Clearup fuse by Kyosan. P/N 60FH-20 ... It's tucked under other boards and wires and not easily seen. That was fun removing and replacing *sarcasm*
Hi,

Do you remmember where exactly was the fuse? I have same problem.

Do you remmember where exactly was the fuse?
I have a 3-axis mill with yasnac controls and yaskawa(?) servo amps. I've had it for a few years, and this error has occurred once on each axis over that time. The fuse in question was underneath the outermost circuit board on the servo packs. So, you definitely have to remove that circuit board to even see the fuse. I don't remember if anything else had to be removed to get at them, but it was quite easy.

I would caution you to test the fuse after you get it out. The fuse was good all 3 times I had the error. In each case the cause of the fault was the fuse detection circuit that has a megohm resistor that goes bad (due to heat?!!). I can give you details on that if you need it.

I'm out of town right now, but if you need photos, I can take them tomorrow.

I have a 3-axis mill with yasnac controls and yaskawa(?) servo amps. I've had it for a few years, and this error has occurred once on each axis over that time. The fuse in question was underneath the outermost circuit board on the servo packs. So, you definitely have to remove that circuit board to even see the fuse. I don't remember if anything else had to be removed to get at them, but it was quite easy.

I would caution you to test the fuse after you get it out. The fuse was good all 3 times I had the error. In each case the cause of the fault was the fuse detection circuit that has a megohm resistor that goes bad (due to heat?!!). I can give you details on that if you need it.

I'm out of town right now, but if you need photos, I can take them tomorrow.
Thank you for your reply. I would be grateful for the details because the fuse seems to be ok.

The attached photos show one of my servopacks and a schematic for the "fuse" detection circuit. In the closeup photo, there's a 1 megohm resistor labelled 112R (the blue arrow) and a 1.5 kilohm resistor 120R (the yellow arrow). The 1M resistor seems to be what goes bad. My boards showed evidence of high heat in that area.

If your failure is the same as mine:
1. Replace 112R. You have repaired the fuse detection circuit. Or:
2. Remove 120R. You have disabled the fuse detection circuit.

Do either 1 or 2. #1 requires soldering, #2 does not. I used a 1/2W resistor for 112R.

All of this info comes from a PeePaw McDonald youtube video and the comments to it.

Good luck.

Attachments

• ServoPSchematic.jpg
    ServoPSchematic.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • ServoPResID.jpg
    ServoPResID.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 16
  • ServoPOverview.jpg
    ServoPOverview.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13
  • ServoPackModelNumber.jpg
    ServoPackModelNumber.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 16
Peepaw is the man. The fuse alarm you speak of is not a fuse at all, it’s a detection circuit on the drive board. Often they will reset. The main culprit is a 17 pin sip package , usually has a number like JH185 or JH183. They are diode resistor or capacitor package.. Yaskawa does not sell them. Depending on what drive you have , I may have a couple good top boards. Vanna at AC Lana drive repair fixes them for about $300. You can also replace them with any other analog dc drive. I replaced all 3 in a Matsuura a while back.

Attachments

• 468D8EB3-AF02-493A-BF87-DC33C6F6B85A.jpeg
    468D8EB3-AF02-493A-BF87-DC33C6F6B85A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
Peepaw is the man. The fuse alarm you speak of is not a fuse at all, it’s a detection circuit on the drive board. Often they will reset. The main culprit is a 17 pin sip package , usually has a number like JH185 or JH183. They are diode resistor or capacitor package.. Yaskawa does not sell them. Depending on what drive you have , I may have a couple good top boards. Vanna at AC Lana drive repair fixes them for about $300. You can also replace them with any other analog dc drive. I replaced all 3 in a Matsuura a while back.
I have this fuse blown alarm on my 1990 Hitachi Seiki ht20 sII with yasnac lx3 with yaskawa servopack and the little 1.6fuse in it is good it pops up and no other fuses behind it. Do you by chance know of a fix?

Back