What's new
What's new

Any feedback on Enshu as a brand for used VMC (1998?]

I've done some work on them down here, (Mechanical) I'd rate them highly. There aren't many of them down here (Aust), but I expect that would be pro rata in the States. There more known for production lines in Auto Motive. I've seen those at Ford down here in Geelong at the engine plant. I was in the plant during the same time that line went in.

There are a few stand alone vertical CNC's, I've worked on. I'd rate them among to top hand full of Japanese builders.

In my own work shop, I have a mechanical Enshu Vertical mill, from the 60's. They had casting down by then, its built like a brick shit house.

Regards Phil.

Can't comment on their vmc's, but I currently have 2 of their hmc's (JE60S) 2005/2006 era, with fanuc controls. Very reliable, and fast . Also previously had some mid 80's enshu hmc's. Same thing.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

We have an early 90's VMC 650 here and it's been our most reliable machine.

The spindle chiller went bad a few years ago, I was able to take the actual pump out and have a local pump repair company fix it for a few hundred instead of spending thousands on a new unit.

Also, some of the numbers on the keypad stopped working but we were able to get a new (used) one from ebay.

Those are really the only issues it's ever had since it was new, very well built.

I've had a 1996 S-300, their drill/tap machine, for 13 years now. It was not taken care of and rather beat when I bought it. It is well built but not overbuilt, like my Kitamura. Other than the ways and screws being pretty bad since I bought it the only real thing that went wrong in all these years is the coolant pump died. Part prices are pretty much in line, they have anything I have ever asked about in stock, and phone tech help is excellent. Downside is you have to "register" your machine with Enshu for $750 to get anything, even parts. Once you do pony up you get a full set of all documentation and free phone support for life.

What control does it have?

Hi everyone
Im a cnc technician installing an old enshu nbv 450 with yasnac mx3-acgc120. Due to flat batteries of both master pcb & cg 26-27 boards the ram data was lost. I would be glad if you could let me have machine parameters of this model.
Thanks

Back