What's new
What's new

Most worthless CNC machine video ever ?

Just can't help myself sorry.........what more useless this thread or the video?
Besides the "everyone needs a good laugh, and it is on topic" aspects, I guess I hope the more things like this are made fun of the more pressure will be put on dealers to not be so lame and do a proper video. I've already emailed the broker about it.

I suspect what they will say is that is what the seller supplied them with so that's what they went with. My answer to that is the video is so worthless they should not have used it and simply had no video. Otherwise some of us genuinely interested in the machine are annoyed it is advertised with a video but for all practical purposes it has no video really. After the nanosecond of annoyance I have to admit it is funny though :)

If it's in decent shape, is that a $36K machine? Seems high for its age and speed...
No...unless it has TSC and 4th axis ready, then..maybe... otherwise if standard issue, maybe $30-32K decent buy as that one looks pretty good for a 98. Still need hours and a proper video however to listen for spindle and axis noise.(inspecting in person even better of course) Axis noise no disaster on Robodrill as the ballscrews are cheap ($720 for X axis) and easy to replace...but still would need to be figured into value.

1) I doubt KD Capitol has ever seen the machine. They are an internet broker, re-listing stuff from elsewhere. They had the DMG I bought listed but had never been within 2000 miles of the machine or the owner.

2) The video, though .... concise...., at least shows it running. That is 95% of the information that most videos advertising machines carry. Visual condition can be better relayed in the stills anyway.

1) I doubt KD Capitol has ever seen the machine. They are an internet broker, re-listing stuff from elsewhere. They had the DMG I bought listed but had never been within 2000 miles of the machine or the owner.
True but still no excuse for the lame video and listing the control as a Haas.

2) The video, though .... concise...., at least shows it running. That is 95% of the information that most videos advertising machines carry. Visual condition can be better relayed in the stills anyway.
Wow..I strongly disagree with that...bought many a machine over the years via video evidence and have found the spindle and axis sounds to be extremely important in determining condition. In fact just an audio track would be very helpful if I could trust that it came from the machine in question and that the spindle speeds I was hearing were really as described*

As to the 95% aspect, in my experience most of videos of machines of interest to me do at least show all the axis moving about and spindles turning...maybe not always at rapids and other ideals, but way better than nothing. The video that started this post is for all practical purposes "nothing" since if someone is that slack we can't even trust the video wasn't from 6 years ago (i.e. why it's so slack...cuz they dredged up something lurking on camcorder never meant for prime time) and in reality today it doesn't run at all !

---------------------------------------------------------

*which reminds me of another lameosity** of some videos where the "narrator" films the spindle while upping the speeds, telling you "now it is at 5,000 rpm" but not panning to the control monitor so I can see it is really S 5000

**my word, patent pending ;)

Milacron

Well my point was that a lot of machines are offered have no video of anything moving, or aren't even connected to power to do so. There is a huge difference in my opinion between a machine sitting dead in a warehouse vs. one that powers up, references, accepts and stores a program, turns the spindle on, changes a tool, sprays coolant - all of which that video showed.

Not making excuses for the author - if they went to the effort to get their cell phone out and point it that direction surely they could do better. But even the lame video conveys much information that is lacking in its absence.

Special ebay price? Its $29,900 on their website.
I've seen that happen before with some of these larger brokers... one example was a Chiron FZ08S (think German Robodrill) on eBay for $32,000 but on their website for $20,000. Via some searches I found the auction where they bought it for $6,600 ($6K plus 10%) but after seeing the more detailed photos and the fact it is sitting in a riggers warehouse impossible to even attempt a power up, I can't imagine anyone ever buying it, even at $6,600.

Well my point was that a lot of machines are offered have no video of anything moving, or aren't even connected to power to do so.
I have seen some "videos" of machines where the seller just walks around a dead machine. Although that is literally a video, I consider that more like a continuous flow slide show. When I say the worst video ever I mean the worst "machine for sale" one that shows action. Also note the question mark...it may not be the worst ever... even more slack ones may lurk out there... but it's the worst iron for sale vid I have seen so far.

For the best ever used machine tool video, apparently one has to turn to Japan....

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...hine-tool-videos-where-these-machines-289950/

Back