What's new
What's new

parts for 3d taster

hurcoboy

Aluminum
hi all I crashed my taster and I was wondering if anyone ever bought replacement parts for it before...I purchased a knew one but would like to have a backup...

From the Long Island Indicator repair site:

This complex and sophisticated measuring tool has but one major drawback: if it receives the slightest amount of damage in the way of a hit, a dent or a jolt it will go out of calibration and nothing will bring it back. It will be necessary to return the gage to the manufacturer in Germany if any repairs or calibration is required; a costly undertaking. Various repair shops have attempted to conquer this beast, but to our knowledge there is as of yet no one capable. We mention this so that you are aware, from the outset, what you're up against.

Note that this is the genuine, high quality, made in Germany 3D-Taster, not a Chinese rip-off.

A distributor near me was selling the Chinese ones at the same price as the Haimer so watch what you are buying.

I have two of the Haimer tasters, and they have a breakaway tip. Does the Haff schneider taster have this feature? I'm hoping if we crash a taster the breakaway tip will break without damaging the taster.

thanks guys I have the Haimer taster and I wacked this thing good broke more than just the tip...Tore it apart and everything works and looks good but the part where the tip screws in got damaged I was hoping to replace that part and recalibrate and life would be good again... but probably just pitch it than...i"m going to keep an eye on this thread for awhile before i make any decisions....thanks to all that help!!!

Edster, yes, the Haffs also have a ceramic base which is designed to break before damage to the internals.
Sounds like Hurcoboy did not read the " Whack only hier dumkopf " note in the manual. That sucks!

Read this post at lunchtime with interest as I just bought a brand new Haimer Taster. Finished lunch, went downstairs to workshop to clock up indexer on mill, turned chuck on indexer, smashed probe on Taster. Arrrgghh!

Ronnie

Back