Thread: MRR calculator?

g-coder05 is offline Stainless

Default MRR calculator?

Just wondering if anybody has found a quick Material Removal Rate calculator. doing it long hand is okay but having one with easy access on the task bar would be great.

psychomill is offline Titanium
    Silicon Valley, California... + other states & several countries on 3 continents

I use the windows calculator for which I placed a shortcut to onto my task bar!

Now if you're trying to program to attain a certain MRR and have it back figure it for you based on specific requirements or 'unchangeable knowns' .... that would be something....

acctualy what im trying to find is something like the valenite slide rules they used to hand out. give a chip load,sfm,dia,how many flutes. then it spits out rpm,feed in IPM,required hp, and material removal in c.i.m.

I still have my wore out slide rule but would like to upgrade to electronic. My featurecam has this built in but it wont show you untill you run the verify. kinaa defeats the purpose of having it if you cant use it till after the fact.

Mud
    Mud is offline Diamond

thanks MUD. the first one is exactly what i was looking for.

jackal is offline Titanium

I got one from Sandvik a few years ago that was a plastic slide rule type. It might be what you are wanting. You would give the material, rpm, load per tooth, etc.( known information) and it would list the other info in another window.

Sandvik might still make them. It would be worth a few bucks to me for the shipping.

JAckal

psychomill is offline Titanium
    Silicon Valley, California... + other states & several countries on 3 continents

Kind of a goofy calculator for MRR unless you truly program by RPM, chipload and number of teeth. The only things you need for MRR is Radial WOC, Axial WOC and feed rate. RPM/chip load per tooth is irrelevant except for the feed rate. But since most CAM systems display a calculated feed even with a chipload input, there's nothing YOU have to calculate for that. But if you check out their Drill MRR calculator here:
    Drill MRR
    ... they kept it simple. No rpm or chipload in the math. Go figure...
    Nice link though....